Guilds

Reaction score
    Guilds are a little difrent from fractions in that they work for a common goal or can be commicond to do something. They are a group of people devoted to an indastry or a common goal or share common aptatudes.

Reaction score
    In my mind, guilds and factions are very similar, the only way guilds would work, is if they took the place of the current \"Factions\" and factions turned into just a mix of races, like in WOW. you have the two factions (Hord and Alliance) It would make the game a lot more complicated and unnecessary.

I feel as though starmade is a \"Minecraft EvE online\" so factions make sence.

Reaction score
    So, get your friends together and call yourself \"The Awesome Guild\", et voilà, guilds ;)
    Seriously, I don\'t see why there shouldn\'t be different groups within a faction, but as long as there aren\'t any dedicated game mechanics for that, just add a [TAG] to your nick if you like, find a place to call home and guild away within the greater faction.

Reaction score
    I agree, If it means that much to you to be set appart form others in your faction jsut add a Tag to your nickname. back when I played tournaments some people would do it for things like, subsections of a clan.

Reaction score
    I think that there should not be a guild system but a nation system.
    What I mean by this is that when two or more factions create an alliance to each other, there should be an option for them to create a Nation which is just a cluster of those factions and it sets up ideas for more things to be added to the game in terms of co-play

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could see a system similar to EVE Online (corp/alliance/coalition) where you can get your faction to join a guild which can join something else in a pyramid fashion. Problem being that I don\'t believe the average server population would really benefit from it unless people start forming a bunch of 2-man factions and factions can set docking permissions for other factions to put ships in their starbases. Not a bad proposal, though. It\'d be nice to have the option, even if it ends up not working at full potential.