GUI font size

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there a way to increase the on-screen GUI font size? At my high resolution setting the GUI (all text info) becomes very difficult to read. Any help would be really appreciated because the only way I've found to get past this problem is the lower my display size all the way down to 1440x900 and that's a big YUK! Thanks ...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Not currently, Sorry. We are working on some changes to support GUI scaling and better legibility options though.
    It is something we hope to resolve soon.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the quick replay Kupu. Will wait anxiously for future GUI updates ...

Reaction score
    Any progress on this font size issue? I'd really like to increase the font size on 1920x1080, it's too small to read from my TV at the distance I play. I really don't want to have to switch my desktop resolution down to 1280x720 just to read the text, as everything else looks worse then, not to mention, the game doesn't switch resolutions well, so I have to change my desktop resolution before playing for that to work, but then the mouse is never in the right place.

Please, please add GUI scaling or some way to increase the font-size! PLEASE!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    hmm not yet i guess probably should not support the hidef screen market yet if my fav game is not able to properly utilize it...

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Its been almost a year since they talked about it now.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Sorry for the silence, unfortunately i can't give you the news you want to hear yet, but it's probably better than more silence...

It was discussed again recently whilst we made the main menu and new UI theme. It's a feature we do wish to implement but after looking into it, concluded it requires text to be handled completely differently and would take a fair amount of work. As you can guess, this didn't take priority over recent updates that have been focused on large engine optimizations and the foundation for larger gameplay features such as Trade Networks and NPC factions.

Like many other worthwhile requests, it simply falls behind more pressing issues and features. I can post back when it's being actively worked on, but we don't like to make promises we can't deliver, so i couldn't give a reliable ETA.

Reaction score
    Sorry for the silence, unfortunately i can't give you the news you want to hear yet, but it's probably better than more silence...

It was discussed again recently whilst we made the main menu and new UI theme. It's a feature we do wish to implement but after looking into it, concluded it requires text to be handled completely differently and would take a fair amount of work. As you can guess, this didn't take priority over recent updates that have been focused on large engine optimizations and the foundation for larger gameplay features such as Trade Networks and NPC factions.

Like many other worthwhile requests, it simply falls behind more pressing issues and features. I can post back when it's being actively worked on, but we don't like to make promises we can't deliver, so i couldn't give a reliable ETA.
    The fact that the UI has no scaling or font options makes this game unplayable for me. I have no access to the game I purchased. That sucks.

Reaction score
    Yesterday i pay 15€ for the game and cant read anything...
    Its all very very tiny at 3840 x 2160
    Its unplayable for me!
    That sucks!

Is there a way for me to scale up whit a texture pack or scalling in a game ini or what ever?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A solution may be to limit the resolution of the GUI, as a separate option. This is what BeamNG.Drive does when you play at 4k, it limits the GUI to 1920x1080. This will be a simpler solution imo.

Reactions: nightrune