GUI and Multiple Cameras

Reaction score
    I would like to see a Panel/Menu for my multiple cameras, so I can:
    a) Name them by view direction and/or location (keep track of them, know what my options are.)
    b) Be able to go right to the one I want.
    c) Assign each a key or place one or more in the hotbar (which also needs more slots...)

Cameras are the eyeballs of a ship; I like lots of eyeballs -- there's lots to be seen. Let's not overlook their importance. When you have a lot of 'em, the "cycle-thru" feature just doesn't cut it. (And is it me, or does the cycle randomly reset every time you exit the game?)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would be nice, and also not that hard to do.

(And is it me, or does the cycle randomly reset every time you exit the game?)
    They start out in the order you place them. They should remain in that order even if you unload the sector or log out, but if you blueprint and spawn in a copy of the ship, they'll end up jumbled. I suspect they're still in the order they're placed, but spawning in a ship makes the game place the cameras (rather than you), so they end up in whatever order the game made it to each chunk.

Reaction score
    this would certainly make things more convenient, another improvement for cameras could be that would be the ability to connect them to display blocks or specific computers giving us more versatility.

Reaction score
    Also, the HUD should display which camera you are using based on the name you've assigned it (eg. "Forward Upper Left") up near where the "icons" are located now; not big letters, just a reminder/feedback.