Guard13007 Constructions - Current: Unnamed Carrier

Reaction score

I've started constructing a carrier recently, and have a few old designs to revamp and post, but first, I wanted to post the WIP videos I've been making while constructing this carrier to get some feedback on my terrible design, tips, name ideas, etc.

So tell me what you think of these and I'll also come back to post more here as I make it!

Day 1, starting the interior bay.
    Day 2, changing the lighting, starting top deck plating.
    Day 3, entirely new AWESOME lighting system, working on outer hull.
    Day 4, finishing outer hull, engines, started the interior.
    Day 5, starting interior hallways, a damage display system, and gravity assignment.

And here are a few screenshots of the carrier as it stands now (click for bigger images):

Also if you have any ideas for other things to force me to make, let me know.

There is also this project, which is a Star Trek-inspired ship that I need to finish and refit for the new game mechanics:

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hmmm, the hangar looks good. As for the exterior, perhaps adding a little more "texture" to it would help?

Reaction score
    Hmmm, the hangar looks good. As for the exterior, perhaps adding a little more "texture" to it would help?
    Could you explain what you mean/give an example?

Also there's a forth video now:

And this project:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The NX-01 is from Star Trek Enterprise the TV Show. That empty room near engineering can be used as an Engine Control Room or maybe Storage ;)

Reaction score
    The NX-01 is from Star Trek Enterprise the TV Show. That empty room near engineering can be used as an Engine Control Room or maybe Storage ;)
    Good idea, I think I'll turn it into half storage and half ion support (if I remember correctly, ion effect can be used as a passive shield boost against ion weapons). I also noticed later on there is some extra space on the sides of the saucer section, any ideas for what could go in there?

Also a quick note that I don't remember if I already mentioned, but the NX-00 is inspired by the NX-01 but is intended to be a different ship class, something not canon, just styled that way. Just wanted to make this clarification so someone doesn't come along and either think this is accurate or start telling me how wrong it is. xD

Edit: Also, first post updated.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    New video..actually kind of old now but I didn't have internet to post about it. Day 5, starting interior hallways, a damage display system, and gravity assignment:

Reaction score
    After a little bit of delay, a new video and more progress on the damage display system. I'm making XOR gates to make it work, which is really a lot of wiring and somewhat frustrating.

Reaction score
    Damage display model? Great idea, indeed. I love logic gates...so many applications.

Reaction score
    Damage display model? Great idea, indeed. I love logic gates...so many applications.
    The idea came from Bench, check out his logic tutorials. His works a bit differently though, light is on until damage occurs, at which point it starts blinking. I liked the idea of a green room with red blinking damage indicators that only activated when damage is sustained.

Reaction score
    Day 2 of the NX-00 Class Refit Project added. Ion/overdrive effects, storage room, & messing with lighting.