GroundTactics Starmade Wrapper public release (Updated to support rails)

Reaction score
    So I've got a wrapper in development that I've been running on my own server and I've decided to release it. You can always see it in action on my own server (see my sig) if you're interested.

The release post is here: http://starmadedock.net/content/gt-starmade-wrapper.2242/

Implemented features (This list may be out of date - see the link above for the most up to date info):
    - Configuration and data are stored in a sqlite database.
    - Commands have warmups/cooldowns.
    - Admins get join/quit notifications even when server notifications are disabled.
    - Admins get whisper/faction chat spy (they see all conversations).
    - Admins can optionally be set to automatically invisible/god upon login.
    - Optional system to punish bad language after a number of warnings.
    - An on-screen log so easy to read, you can follow the game without being logged in.
    - Personal banking for players.
    - starmade-servers.com integration (voting buys points to use in game for rewards).
    - Players can buy the sniper rifle, rocket launcher, or even a 30 second god-mode powerup (among other things)
    - Space folding with a rising cost in voting points for distance traveled (warmup/cooldowns apply)
    - Tracks docked ships so players can't abuse warping to move stations/planet faces.
    - Admins can create named warps (public/private/faction locked).
    - A !stuck command that only moves you one sector over in a random direction (with warmup/cooldown to prevent abuse)
    - A !help command that lists available commands. All available commands also have their own help text.
    - A !seen command for player to see when a friend/enemy was last on.
    - Automatically purges dead factions where no players have been on in over two weeks.

Plans for implementation:
    - Bounty system.
    - Crew system that defines a ship captain, crew, and lets crew warp to the sector their ship is in.
    - Other stuff I can think of.

tl:dr; New wrapper available, lots of features implemented and planned (including some unique from other wrappers) but the catch is Windows only. Who'd be interested in a public release?

Edit: Adding some pics:

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    "I want your source code so I can steal your features"
    -Gravypod 2015

Reaction score
    I don't know what this is but it's pretty so yes.

~everyone who doesn't program or is too lazy to read
    ~which includes ToyotaSupra

Reaction score
    And yes I do want the source. I'd love to use some of these features on my wrapper.
    I think the initial release will be closed source but I won't hold any grudges towards people who implement their own versions of the unique stuff I've come up with.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Aahhh... my thread's been hijacked by trolls..

Screw it.. I'll drop a public release of this thing in another couple of days or so and see what happens then. I added timed announcements and faction member join/part messages in-game for when global joins/parts are disabled.

I was working on a config window but I'll probably drop that and just document the config variables in the sqlite database so people can directly modify them with their sqlite editor of choice.

Reaction score
    I figured I can get away with a bump since I changed the title of this post to let everybody know that this does indeed work after the .1917 update. This is fully compatible with the new chat system now.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I love this! It was just what I was looking for a bit ago! But one question... Am I able to change the font, because I would like to use Ubuntu as a font and I didn't see anywhere in the description for changing the font... (I cannot check it out right now since I am not at home.)

Reaction score
    For some reason I never got a notice when this thread was updated so I'm sorry for the delay in response.

I never had any plans to make it so the UI font can be changed. I figured it was decent enough and most ops wouldn't be staring at the console all too often once things were up and running right.

If I decide on making the UI so it can be customized, it probably wouldn't be any time soon as I still have a handful of other features I've been meaning to add first. Unfortunately I've only had enough time lately just to squash reported bugs and keep the wrapper current with each Starmade update release.