Greetings to all

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Starmade community. I have been playing starmade for a couple of weeks now as well as lurking on the forums trying to learn more about it. I want to give a HUGE thank you to the creator of the game as this is what I have been looking for for a long time. I tried minecraft but found it to be too fantasy oriented and weak in that building anything with a purpose practically required someone to learn a psuedo-programming language. No moving ships or cars or anything could be built so I lost interest. This however I find fascinating. The only gripe I have is that is no forum for tutorials for things like controls, such as entering the map function or starting a spacestation (both of which I found by accident).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Greetings, and welcome to Starmade, Simian Commander, and I, someone with no authority to do so, hope you have a pleasant stay in this game\'s sectors.

For tutorials, I highly recommend looking on Youtube initially (bear in mind that a lot of videos are from an older version, but most of them still apply in teaching the weird stuff), and ask in the Support chatbox towards the bottom of the screen for advice on aspects of the game they don\'t cover.

As you\'re new, some stuff to bear in mind playing that I wish I knew while playing initially:

power generators are actually more efficient if you build the outline of the cube you were going to build, effectively regenerating as if the total volume was filled with power generator blocks even if you only did the outline.

Having shapes that don\'t match the cube outline or cubes actually is a bit inefficient, and lowers your regeneration rate

There is an optimal power regeneration design for a 5x5 cube somewhere on these forums that is very fast to repower up a ship, and can be useful.

Salvage cannons get less effective the more you add in a line, same with Antimatter cannons, so the best policy is to build them in an alternating checkerboard design for maximum effect per unit of space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you, Hopefully I can find some help with the crafting. The only tutorials I have seen seem to involve a block that is no longer in game