Greetings, humans.

Reaction score
    Flying solo, building fighters both for myself and the AI, and having a general blast.

I have been playing Starmade for about three weeks now, and wow is it great. As an amateur game programmer myself, I can admire Schema's progress in having this much awesomeness in the Alpha stage.

My ships are often focused on swift destruction, such as my Fortis_XIV, one of my (relatively) cheap fighters, armed with four side-mounted light AMC turrets, and a medium AMC turret on top. One of these suckers can shred several Isanth-VIs, and I occasionally allow the AI to use it in order to spice up my dogfights.

I favor skill and strategy over brute force, and I actually like the new update's shield revamp. It represents a new challenge for my large ships to face, and a new opportunity for my small, but still sturdy, fighters by guaranteeing that (gasp!) heavy ships actually have to use that pink muscle in your head when entering combat!

A word of warning: I favor slight sarcasm, and use it to get my point across, so please do not rage at me. If you can't take a bit of joking sarcasm, or even a straight-up critique, please grow up, then return to the internet. I am willing to bet most people prefer to hold mature and professional (not money-involving, the mannerism!) conversations.

EDIT: Here is a link to my suggestion thread, so that you folks can peruse it at your pleasure:

Remote Control Turrets (And ships!)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    You... You said \'Greetings\'? Excuse me, but I believe I have that phrase trademarked.

Either way, welcome to Starmade, Ruethus. Personally, I enjoy utilizing speed over armor and efficiency over size, so sort of similar to your style. Glad that more folks who know what they\'re capable of doing are joining in.

Reaction score
    I have found that a speedy ship, armed with several turrets, can easily take out multiple enemies of similar class, and foes of lesser class are simply shredded. Essentially, I circle and shoot. In fact, when implemented in large groups, even ships of much greater size and higher class can be taken down, albeit with losses.

Also, I am fond of AI drones, which my ship designs cater to. Did you know that, when an AI-controlled ship has no weapons, AI resorts to ramming? This allows mounted turrets plenty of opportunities to pour on the damage, and then they are clear as the AI\'s charge carries it past the target (if the target is moving, the charge often misses) and then the drone turns to charge again. Multiple graceful fighters swooping in and out of close range confueses the enemy turrets, allowing me to bring a turbolaser around to obliterate the particularly nasty ones. Even better, the zippy fighters are good at taking minimal damage, and what damage occurs is often aesthetic as opposed to problematic, making repairs optional most of the time. In other words, I build independent minions capable of holding their own, unlike \"red-shirt\" minions, which get expensive quickly, in a case of economic irony. I typically build a cool base, and have 4-8 ships in the sector, each with relatively heavy firepower, easily eliminating any intruders.

Any thoughts?