Great Harbour Ship 'Twilight'

Reaction score
    'One of the last great Mobile Shipyards, its very presence darkens the sky'

Concept for this is based off a Bentusi Harbour Ship from the Homeworld series.

Currently 466 meters long, 50 meters high and 353 meters wide.

My intent with this project if to create a ship that will act as a mobile spacestation, I will be able to build and store most small ships, and carry around upto 2 larger ships for when i need to use them. the main ship will be armerd mostly with just turrets and not much else. it will also have a large quantity of shields and power.

I will try and update this every few days at the latest on my progress. But I thought i should shapre this project here so that others have a chance of seeing this ship as i build it. I will also be providing a blueprint for this when it is done. as I try to do with all of my ships.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Really though, top notch stuff on there, fill it out real nice.

Reaction score
    I\'d be happy even if you gave us just the frame to work with! :D

How do you upload ships?...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    1. go to uplink to starmade.org at the connection setup window.

2. enter your starmade forum name and your password.

3. once done, make sure you already have a blueprint of the ship.

4. open up the ship catalog manager under tools

5. select a ship and click upload.

6. go to the ship tab on the website, and set it to \"sort by post date\" and \"desc\"

7. your ship, if it was uploaded not that long ago, should be there.

Reaction score
    If you guys really would like the blueprint for the frame, be sure to let me know, I will see what i can do. although i dont typically upload frames.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Will it have the MLP Twilight style, or the \"Twilight\" comes from somewhere else...

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I\'m pretty sure he called it twilight in reference to the time period between dusk and night.

Reaction score
    tldr; geeky analasis of Bentusi in Homeworld.

The Bentusi have always been on the decline. The orginal ship that you met got attacked by the Tiidan and almost killed. In Cata they ran from the Beast (Given what it does to them, I\'m not sure I blame them) it was implied that the couple of ships you fought were the last ones remaining. In HW2 the implied last known Bentusi ship/station self destructs. Homeworld is an era of decline for them. Twilight being the last big station/ship built is quite appropriate.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    10/10 explanation

I think it\'s further explained that before the hiigaran exile the bentusi were top dogs, after the taiidan took over hiigara they basically marginalized the power of the bentusi until they were a political afterthought

Reaction score
    I am now upto 86000 blocks and rapidly on the rise. I worked a little more on the shape of the hull and added in some small detail here and there

Reaction score
    I think the color might be off a bit. Brown might work better?

Reaction score
    I am aware of the colour, and i did say that my idea is based off the bentusi ship from homeworld, not that it is in the same universe, it was the closest thing i could think of that would explain my ship. besides i dont really like the colouration of the bentusi ship, im more into blacks and blues.

besides i might eventually properly build the buntusi ship, im just working on this and a few other things first

Reaction score
    i\'ve passed the 1mil block mark at this point http://imgur.com/a/yF7Tw

Reaction score
    I am not sure if i do actually have the shell of it saved, i have only three instances of it saved. I do intend to release it with a fully armed version, and also one wherer there is still some large areas of space left so that people can modify or add things in if they need to.