Gravity on Ships

Reaction score
    When activating a gravity Field on a ship and then jumping off it, the gravity field should stop to exist after some distance. It just doesn't make sense to fall through space into infinity.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Gravity fields do have a maximum range, but there is nothing limiting that range to the spacecraft itself right now. It might be a good idea to have the gravity field only exist in a vessel\'s bounding box.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Nice, now at least I have a real use for a gravity box on my ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am currently building a base on a planet and I have a lift that goes up into space (which has its own bugs that need to be fixed) where I intend to build a place for ships to dock outside the gravity of the planet. Well since my build block is in the gravity of the planet, the whole structure has gravity. Even the part that is way up in space outside the gravity of the planet. I\'m just hoping that when I get to the point of adding the docking ports for my ships, they won\'t be plumiting toward the planet when I try to dock them.

mou

Reaction score
    I think gravity module should affect everyone on the ship not only one person