Gravity change

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It might be good for performance to, when a player has activated gravity on a ship, consider that player part of the ship, not unlike turrets and docked ships. This will prevent glitches and boost performance.

i.e. the player will be on the coordinate grid of the ship instead of simply having gravity. The change is easily demonstrated by a thought experiment:

If you jump out of a ship, you fall down. If that ship rolls 180 degrees, you fall up again. This is realistic but slow to calculate.

Instead, if the player is placed on the ship itself, this happens: The player jumps out and falls down. The ship rolls 180 degrees. The player rolls with the ship and ends up in what was the space above the ship before it rolled. This is not very realistic, but hardly happens because the gravity easily wears off. This could also be stopped by decreasing the fall distance needed to diable the gravity when the ship is rolling.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    An idea I had would be to have the gravity units changable so that you can change the direction of the field. That way, placing multiple on a ship in different directions would enable you to walk a circle around the hull. It would also add interesting aspects to space stations, as you can have one set of rooms on th room and another on the floor, and you could jump between the two fields. Not entirely linked to what you said but fought I would add my bit