Gravity Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A few suggestions for the ANTI-antigravity blocks

1) at the moment they only seem to affect players, I tried using one to drop a Disintegrator bomb that I had just undocked, but it only affected me, the Disintegrator bomb (a core with 26 Disintegrator blocks) just floated there. if they affected other ships then you could set up Hanger bays where the fighters Drop out of their docks and fall clear of the ship, (think the Lander From Aliens, "express Elevator to hell, Going Dooooown!!")

2) At the moment you can change the orientation of the Gravity Block, but this has no Effect of ne direction of the gravity once its switched on, Down is always the same relative to the ships core. If the Direction of the Gravity was changed to match the Orientation of the Block you could have ships with different Deck Lay outs (such as putting Down towards the back of the ship and building the Decks like a tower) or you could even have Ships with Different Gravity orientations in Different parts of the ship, so some Decks would be at right angles or even Inverted to each other (for example the Shuttle near the beginning of 2001 a Space odesy had a hostess walk through the passenger compartment then up a curved section of wall to enter the cockpit witch was at right angles to the passengers) If combined with the first suggestion it would allow you to gravity Launch fighters or Bombs from your ship in any direction, (like the launch tubes from the original Battlestar Galactia)

3) Area of effect, the Discription of the Anti-anti-gravity Block says it effects a certain area, but it dosn't say how big this is. what if when placing or selecting a Grav Block you got to see a Transparent blue Sphere (or Cube) around it, and any others already placed showing their Areas of effect, and if The Gravity has been made Directable then a Green arrow indicating Down within each field, if two fields overlap but have the same orientation there would be no problem, but if they had different orientations then, either the clossest one took effect Effectively changing the shape of the Sphere, like two bubbles touching, or you would not be allowed place a new Grav Block of diff rent orientation so that its fields overlapped an existing one. or perhaps switching on a contradictory Field to an Existing one deactivates the Existing one

4) Linking, I'm currently unsure what happens when you activate a Gravity Block on a large ship. Do all of the others Activate too, or just the one you clicked on? What if you could Select Gravity blocks and Chain them together into groups (a bit like AMC's but without the computer) then when you switch one on in a group all of that group would activate or deactivate, but each group would be separate from any others so you could have different ones on for different reasons.

5) Falling. as it stands you seem to fall at a standered rate, what if you accelerated as you fell, as if under a constant thrust. this would mean a long shaft lined with a series of spaced out gravity blocks would cause you, or another object/ship to exit the vessel at a considerable speed, if combined with the orientation suggestion it would allow for Launch Tubes for fighters or "Gravity Rail Guns" for Catapulting Disintegrator Bombs, or Escape Tubes for abandoning ship/launching Life pods.

Well that's my Ideas? any thoughts?

Reaction score
    Great, mind adding mine?:

3.1)An auto-gravity module, automaticly activates for everything inside it\'s AOE

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would you care to Elaborate on your suggestion? How would the Module Function? would it be like a weapon Computer for Gravity Blocks? would you access on the hot bar? or would you have to physically click on it?

Or are you just tinking of a Grav block that is on By Default even when the ship is uncrewed?

What would it be used for exactly? what effects could it give us? What cool things coul you do with it?

Reaction score
    With standard gravity modules, you have come to them and activate them. It\'s not to comfortable when you want to make a real artificial gravity system for both ships and stations. So i\'m thinking of a gravity module which, once placed, constantly scans for any objects (ships, players, etc.) inside some area around it. Once it finds an object, it activates gravity for it. It would be fun for it to function like, when something enters a ship, it becomes affected by gravity. It just does\'nt look real when you have to turn a switch on for gravity to activate for you personally. Also, you may like some explanation. Currently, activating the gravity module activates it only for the person pressing the button, not everything it can reach for. As for cool things, i was thinking about an another type of hangar, which would function without docking, but with gravity. Hope you like my idea :).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    humm that seems to be in line with my first suggestion. I\'d like it if gravity affected everything in range, including other ships

Reaction score
    put a gravity plating under the block and it whoulld make that block put gravity onto anyone say 22 block above it to allow for such a thing but personally i think that we whould need a smoother transition to each gravity point for this to happen i mean seriously you should rotate and stand on the platform not SNAP onto it jeeze