Graphics Drive Crash

Reaction score
    As always with a dev build i expect some issues, but not like this, the games is un-playable, ive updated everything i can think of, and still crashs after i join the dev server

I hit the spawn button and can see things in the background wizzing by but then the graphics card crashes and then recovers and then the java crashes and thats that its happening every time, please look into this,

Kevin

Reaction score
    I am experiencing the same problem on the latest Dev Build (0.106 - build 20140212_230541).

I am running on an AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 3.20GHz.

I start the game, get into the \'Spawn\' menu and it will stop responding, freeze and my graphics driver will crash then restart and I will have to close the game down.

I should point out, that it worked fine before this build, so it is not simply that my graphics can not play the game in general.

Reaction score
    I am running a laptop, Win 7 Home Premium, AMD A6-3420m Apu with readon graphics 1.5 ghz

i have 4 gb ram and plenty of power just cant get it to work so for the time being i went back to playing reg, sm. hoping the update or fix to fix this issue comes soon, id like to keep testing and helping where i can.

Reaction score
    Yeah same here, i did send a bug report about it but may as well add it here too. AMD HD 5870. It\'s actually fine after I spawn and only crashes if I turn to the left and try to look at my station which has my ship docked to it. Seems like it\'s an ATI thing as others on the server with Nvidia cards didn\'t get crashes, although one person had crippling framerates. I just rolled back to the patch from the old .106 link and it was fine.

Reaction score
    Remember, the latest 14.1 drivers break starmade and other java/OpenGL games. You have to mod them, or run the older 13.35 beta or 13.12 WHQL drivers.

I haven\'t tried the latest build, but .104 worked on my 7950 after disabling texture compression.

Reaction score
    Never had a problem with Starmade using latest drivers, the second .106 patch caused the issues, the first was fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have this problem on AMD Radeon 7670M, only in latest Dev bild. And button spawn not initialize this crash, crash automatically initialize before random small time.

Srry for my bad english.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    0.107 solve that trouble for me.

I have GEFORCE 6150SE nForce430 and i run Starmade without troubles.

512 Mb ram....

Reaction score
    I can report that replacing the previous Dev Build with the newest 0.107 seems to have fixed the issue on my AMD, though sound is an issue now (or the lack off, save for the annoying constant noise atleast)