Graphics bug

Reaction score
    i seem to have encountered a bug that's never seen before. it could be that or my graphics card acting up, i don't know whats going on or how this even happened. but its very hard for me to build big structures and im tired of it. if i can get this bug fixed i would be very happy that i can finally build something big without a bug like this getting in the way.

FIXED!! i've talked to schema and ambedrake about the problem. they say its graphic driver problems here is a solution to fix it step by step

1.basically: uninstall graphics card from device manager.

right click graphics card when expanding "display adapter" and pressing uninstall. Device manager can be found -> reinstall by pressing "scan for new hardware" Device manager can be found in Start\Control panel\Device Manager

2.reinstall by pressing "scan for new hardware"

basicly click the icon with a desktop that has a magnifying glass over it that says "scan for hardware changes" or something simular depending on what your computer runs on. and it will automaticly re-install the graphics driver, (may take a bit even though it will say its done afterwards.)

3.try installing ATI stuff again

Go to the AMD website and download the latest catalyst software suite

4.works!

you can now try starmade again and if it doesn't work. please ask Schema or ambedrake

special thanks to ambedrake and schema for fixing this problem

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    What kind of graphics card do you have? And do you have the newest driver installed?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get something very simlar to that! To be more exact: Block are still there but misrepresented. Sometimes the face is invisable, other times it is shifted 1/2 of the way. Some faces are indented, where it shows a slope going in where it should be totally cubed. EDIT: Forgot to mention that, when I move or look around, everything flickers, and the cube faces switch between visible, off set, invisible, and slopped. Seemingly at random.

My system specs and two screen snips of what I see

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz

RAM: 4GB

System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Screen 1 and Screen 2:

Vic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the same problem. It\'s pretty game-breaking because it even tends to crash my graphics drivers. And before you ask, I have just updated them.
    I\'m running a GeForce GTX 260 with 4 gigs of RAM, but on a 32bit system.

At first I thought it\'s a RAM problem related to efficiency of the rendering but my friend, who has allocated all of his RAM to Java (8 gigs) has the exact same problem.

Here\'s a couple pictures:
    http://puu.sh/2J0zX
    http://puu.sh/2IIbt

e: after replicating the bug again my GPU drivers keep crashing every half a minute or so. great.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hmm. are you on the latest driver? Do you have crashlogs pid.log in your StarMade directoy?

Vic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Me, yeah, I just updated them yesterday. So it probably isn\'t that.

And I don\'t have a crashlog in the directory either, it seems.

Vic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for the doublepost, but after some testing I confirmed it\'s an OpenGL error.

I also did a clean reinstall of my drivers, which seems to have fixed it a little...

...Except not. Now my drivers broke when I clicked the Faction tab in the menu.

e: It seems to work properly if I load the planet properly by floating around it in a ship, then landing. Hm.

e2: It also prevents me from initiating OpenAL in other programs. This is just getting weirder and weirder.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m having the same problem as everyone else. Graphics card is AMD Radeon 6000-something HD. Linux x86, using the radeon driver instead of Catalyst. I haven\'t tried switching to Catalyst yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    im having the top problem and i re set the display driver and it worked for a while but know it is not working.

HELP ME.

Reaction score
    The blocks ingame for me seem to flash randomly and i dont know whats causing it. Anyone else had this issue?

Reaction score
    if you have a problem different from this one, don\'t comment about it in here. Make a new post on the problem, that way we can keep everything organized.