Granite, a server launcher with auto-update capabilities

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am not sure if this is an appropriate section for this thread, however, I created a small server launcher with auto-update capabilities. Currently it only supports Linux/other POSIX compliant operating systems, and it requires the unzip package to function properly. Updates are applied with no user intervention. The Star-Made file server is checked for changes every five minutes. Windows support and a proper implementation of the configuration system are coming up. It needs to be placed in the root of your StarMade directory.

Link to the Github repository: https://github.com/Galamb/Granite
    libcurlpp (a C++ wrapper for libcurl) and the Boost library set are required dependencies. Disregard any potentially inefficient/hacky code as the entire thing was hacked together within 2 hours.

Assuming you are on a Debian based system, the command line to download the dependencies would be among the lines of:

sudo apt-get install gcc g++ unzip libcurl libcurlpp-dev libboost-dev

You'll need to clone the repository. That can be achieved relatively easily by executing:

git clone git://github.com/Galamb/Granite.git

After which you will be able to compile the binary by executing make.sh (Make sure it is set as executable first through the use of chmod +x make.sh)

You can then run Granite by executing a.out (I forgot to make gcc output it as Granite) by doing ./a.out

If you encounter any issues, feel free to post here or private message me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could you add a precompiled version of it to the github repo? I\'m guessing most people are either not tech savvy enough or are too lazy to compile it themselves :P (including me XD)