GPU will not recognize StarMade as a taxing program.

Reaction score
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure if this is necessarily a bug with the game, but it is a problem I am having, and it is really starting to bug me.
    I have an Nvidia GTX 770 4GB GPU, and it automatically varies its clock speed to match its workload. Unfortunately, it will not recognize Starmade (and only Starmade. I can max BF4 and Watchdogs with it) as a taxing program, so its clock never gets over 300 MHz while running the game. That leaves me with between 12 and 60 fps, depending on what I am rendering. It never goes over 60 fps, even though I do not have any fps limiters (in-game or out) running.
    I tried turning off occlusion culling, and setting a target framerate on my gpu, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
    That sounds like a driver problem to me. I had that problem (but with all of my games) with the GTX 765m in my laptop and using a different driver version fixed it.

Also, did you turn off both vsync and the fps limit in StarMade?

Reaction score
    I tried reinstalling the latest drivers a little while ago, but I'll try it with an older version and see if anything changes.[DOUBLEPOST=1410585959,1410584994][/DOUBLEPOST]Yep, even with different drivers, and without v-sync or a framerate limit, my card still hovers between 12 and 60 fps. I am pretty sure it didn't do this before the update. I usually got between 150 and 800 fps.
    Any other suggestions?
    Oh, and thank you for the help.