Government, law and law enforcement

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

It would be really interesting if there could be some sort of Government in the game (whether of players of NPC or a mixture of both). So that there could also be some kind of politics and so that there could be laws and law enforcement. So instead of blacklisting someone (unless they are spamming or that sort of thing), it would be interesting if there could be massive prisons (which of course would not be invulnerable of that would just really be too OP) where they would have to spend time in (time that they were not online would not be counted). And of course the prison cell that you are in would be where the undeathanator block that you are assigned to would be.

And with a good enough economical system of course you would have corruption where someone would start paying one of the politicians money to vote on certain laws in a certain way and to do certain things. But hay, all those things come with the joys of government and politics, and they are all need to make a real and interesting environment.

But let's not talk about corruption so much because that would not be the main point, but instead a possible side effect.

I think that it shouldn't be a game where you get your ship and your money and then can do anything you want, there should be certain areas (like in EVE online) where if you attack someone then police are called. And if you are under attack then you should be able to have an SOS transmitter in your ship (which I have talked about before, but when I talked about it before I talked about in a sense that you would be sending the SOSs to other players and not some sort of NPC faction - although the police here would not have to be a fully or at all an NPC faction) that you can either use to call the police or other players as I discussed before. This is my other post where I posted about SOS signals: http://starmadedock.net/threads/sos.4931/

Reactions: Will2brown
    Reaction score
    This could be done if sections were "pre-owned". You fly to a new sector already NPC controlled, by the Trading Guild for example. The trading guild may have some more military vessels that would hunt pirates or players who have angered them....

The only way this would work, in my opinion, is if the owning faction handled policing the sectors and their rep with a given player of neutral would be faction to faction. Add a handful of NPC factions and make them vary from trade-based, to military-based, to piracy-based and let them all go at it. A player would merely have to rely on their base faction relationships to determine if they are hostile or not...

Reactions: montecristo

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Half of this has already been confirmed or talked about from devs before. Npc's will fight and govern space in the game.