Going towards full HP-system

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I guess System-HP is in its own early access. It is rather unfinished. There is some simple way to finish the system and make the game even more interesting. There is possibility not only to implement coherent concept of armour system but also some interesting method of upgrade. First of all lets talk about available resources.

We have 3 types of armour (crystal have the same characteristic as advanced). 1) If an armour block takes damage in battle it becomes damaged in one of 3 or more states (maybe 4 idk). 2) If you remove damaged block from the ship hull it becomes automatically repairing inside player inventory. Ship HP is only decreased. If you change any other block the HP attribute is reducing and finally achieves 0. Of course I think it is bug. 3) There is option in any Shop to repair ship hull for cash.

The three different ideas aggregated together have no sense. My humble proposition starts from new blueprint concept and ends on new role of shops in the game universe.

1) Should be N different groups of damaged armours (for example with gradation 10%). Each damage group counts as different "armour class" (cubes, wedges, corners etc.). So if you take damaged armour voxels from a ship hull to your inventory they stay damaged and are grouping.
    2) Existing blueprints are to tight for my concept of reusable pieces and further upgrade system. Lets think about hull as a separate position in the Blocks list divided into shapes only. No old class type (hull, standard, advanced, crystal), colour, the degree of damage further matter. You can build your ship hull from everything you have at the moment, even from carved minerals ;). Ofc we will need two more sections in blueprint to encode the hull preferred composition (normal, hardened, special sections - ie. black-yellow etc.) and coloring (pather, military, full black or other). This means that coloring blocks and painting ship is no longer a property giving you possibility to make your own new blueprint from any existing one. More in the point about armour upgrades.
    3) Recipes for repairing damaged armour blocks should consist entire new sections in factories. For every groups of 10% damage its partial cost. It should have some cost not exceeding the price of new armour piece in shop. But preferred cost is below 1/2 to reward player for repairing. Of course have to be recalculated the cost of every new armour piece in shop and guaranted really slow supply from air, that is by Trading Guild. Trace amounts to take people a change for armour business. Bigger supply only on individual servers where there are no other producers.
    4) Armour upgrades. Should be entire new system of hardening and enrichment of armours coherent with damage dealing system. I propose to treat the hardening concept as better strength of the armour piece for impact, rocket or explosions attacks. On the other hand we may have doping or enrichment increasing armour strength for beam, laser and other power attacks. Deflecting or deflection degree is better word in the context than strength although.
    5) It is debatable whether hardening and doping is better to implement on generic armour class level or from advanced level up only. The same deals with stacking effects. But I think that exclusions would be more interesting for designing purpose. For example we may assume that hardenend armour piece can't be enriched and vice versa. Some kinds of dopings may work as kind of power fields covering more than 1 block. Etc....
    6) At last about shops. Shops in actual form are rather decoration or alternative supply depot than a game system. You may buy anything to secure your money in case of death (ofc if server has option with "drop items from inventory" set to off). Whatever you buy you can sell for the same price. I think there is a place for more active role of Trading Guild or trading players. Diversification of commodities supply and its prices with respect of star system content, activity in it (pirates, traders, sales/revenues) and other local factors would be nice. Ofc if the sector is simulated or someone found the shop. First of all any more advanced items should be in shops only in trace amounts or even absence of such "bonuses". Let players establish their own buisnesses based on production.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yeah, I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest here. Not really making any sense. Can I get a tl;dr or something?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ad 1. There is:
    Grey Hull --> <color> Hull (with paint) -> <color> Standard Armour (with capsule) --> <color> Advanced/Crystal Armour (with ingot/crystal)​
    Would be:
    GH -> GSA -> GAA, GX + paint -> <c>GX, where X isin {H, SA, AA}
    Crystal Armour as example of enriched advanced armour​
    Ad 4. Let X be any armour, y any ore, z any shard
    X + y.ingot -> (hardening) Hardened X with effect Ep(y)
    X + z.crystal -> (enrichment; addition, dope, impurity) Enriched X with effect Ee(z)
    We don't need using capsules​
    Effects to discussion; depending on ore/shard type. Ep physical types (impact, cumulative, piercing, explosion etc.), Ee energy types (beam, pulse, forcefield etc.)

Ad 2. Blueprint blocks list (basic level): ... bla, bla, bla, .... armour: (N1 cubes, N2 tetras, ... , N7 wedges), .... --- no matter what type or color
    Blueprint blocks list (advanced level): almost the same with detailed armour (decorations, hull pieces, std armour pieces, adv. armour, crystal), ... - no matter what color
    Blueprint blocks list (detailed level): the same as above with map of blocks colors

Verstehst du mich? :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    More about shops

Base prices in shop should be X if you sell and 2X if you buy (at least in linear model). Other modificators: If there is no a commodity in the shop its actual selling price (you are selling not a shop!) should be close to 2X. If (quantity_of(commodity) = n and n < N) then price_of(commodity) = (2X(N-n),X(N-n)), where N is max quantity of a commodity a shop wants to buy, for n >= N we have (buy, sell)=(2X,0); the minimal price would also be set to 1.

Repairing questions

There is (in parenthesis first position it is actual price, and the second should be in my model):
    Grey Hull (12,18) = Alloyed Metal Mesh (6,9) + Crystal Composite (6,9)
    Grey Standard Armor (84,90) = Grey Hull (12,18) + 3x Sapsun Capsule (3x12) + 3x Macet Capsule (3x12)
    Grey Advanced Armor (444,900) = Grey Standard Armor (84,90) + 3x Sapsun Ingot (3x60,3x135) + 3x Macet Ingot (3x60,3x135)

Sapsun Ingot (60,135) = 5x Sapsun Capsule (5x12,10x12 + 15 or better 9x12 + 27?)
    should be = 9x Sapsun Capsule + 3x AMM
    Macet Ingot (60,135) = 5x Macet Capsule (5x12,9x12 + 27?)
    should be = 9x Macet Capsule + 3x AMM

Similarly for Crystals: Sintir Crystal = 9x Sintir Capsule + 3x CC.

What about Color Remover (recipe or tool) which makes any colored armour piece grey?

Armour piece repairing cost = 5% of its shop base price (buy) + 5% for every 10% damage. This is 50% (average) of the block shop base price for 90% damage.

Armour repairing cost table

<c>H (9) <-- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (cash in shop/repairing station per every 10% of damage)
    or 1 AMM/CC (in basic factory)
    <c>SA (90) <-- 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45
    or 1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5 AMM/CC (in standard factory)
    <c>AA (900) <-- 50,100,150,200,250,300,350,400,450
    or 2SC+2MC+1 AMM/CC, 4SC+4MC+1 AMM/CC, 6SC+6MC+1 AMM/CC, 8SC+8MC+1 AMM/CC, 10SC+10MC+2 AMM/CC, 12SC+12MC+2 AMM/CC, 14SC+14MC+2 AMM/CC, 16SC+16MC+2 AMM/CC, 18SC+18MC+2 AMM/CC (in adv. factory)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My brain just broke. Do I need a factory to repair it?

(Seriously guys. This is not EVE, we don't need these mountains of overgrowth complexity...)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I noticed. Terraria is more complicated.
    You mean this 2D, screenscrolling "adventure" with finite world, no block/item damage model, no painting model, primitive pixel graphics, nonexistent sprite animations, awful sounds, lack of any customization and straight-line progression? How can you even compare it with Starmade?
    - Well... it's complicated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes. 2D side scrolling game with crafting, exploring, fighting, traders, quests, bosses, many weapon, armour sets and many paints for customization, common, uncommon and rare items, biomes, multiplayer, non linear progression and full of action...

Do you really think Starmade world is infinite? In terraria I also can have 10000 worlds up to HD capacity. Actually in Starmade you have finished only galactic map and shipbuilding, so....