GloryFang Fleetworks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like ships. As it happens, I like space too. And making things. Who would've thought?

I've dabbled in ship building before, but I feel like I have a better grasp on what I want to make. 90% of what you see here will be below 150m on the longest axis, will contain detailed interiors, and be packed with rails and logic. The focus here is on RP-ready craft, but the warships to come should be more than capable of handling themselves against pirates and the like.

Enjoy!

Cheap workhorse. Features a spacious cargo bay and reasonable crew quarters. It's a small, ugly scrapheap, but I still find it charming in a way. Relatively slow acceleration, no weapons. Now with anti-gravity systems for some planetary landing goodness.

Download.

A dedicated fleet fighter with no interior other than its cockpit. Lacks a jump drive of its own, but makes up for it in thrust and firepower. (Will also be re-colored and have some systems fiddling done prior to release. I have some interesting ideas for a jump frame to carry a few of these around.)

The largest ship of the fleet at this point, the wings currently stand at 183 meters tall. This craft will serve as a general-purpose patrol ship.

Download.

A 60m wide fighter with twin cannons. Threw this thing together in an afternoon. Its systems certainly aren't ideal and I imagine I'll fiddle with 'em a bit in the future, but I wanted to have something to release.

Download.

A small craft featuring a few rail goodies. Intended for RP travel. Weaponized version to come.

Download.

A small transport craft with a variety of features packed into a small package of just over 700 mass. It is reasonably nimble and capable of chewing through hull and standard armor like wet cardboard, but is certainly no warship.

Download.

A small ship built with the modern businessperson in mind. (RP speed-build; not the most practical ship in the world.)

Download.

An Isanth replacement. Improved weapons, shielding, and acceleration; less armor.

Download.

The next step up from the Errant. The friend of pirates everywhere.

Download.

The guilds latest contract.

Download.

RP courier/smuggler ship. Has overdrive, jammer, landing gear, boarding ramp and interior.

Download.

A nifty little fighter with solid canoons.

Download.

Essentially two Sellswords mashed together.

Download.

A pirate lord's personal vessel. It features a fancy underside airlock (USD-1 Compatible), a bit of an RP interior, piercing auto-cannons, ion beams and radar jammer.

Download.

Features auto-cannons and USD-1 compatibility.

Download.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    That bottom picture. Very cool! Vertical ships are hard to come by, let alone ones with such a distinct style.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Split Hull vertical ship.. yeah, you've certainly gotten my attention.

Reactions: Criss

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Instantly most Master Builders reply to topic.
    10/10
    Good work, keep it up.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    You really know what you're doing, all these ships have great shapes and details. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im really blown away to get that response from you guys in particular. My only qualm with that ship is that I feel like I need to make it more vertically asymmetrical. Any ideas or opinions on that front would be helpful.

I've got a bit of the interior set up, including functioning rail airlocks and the main elevator. Hope to get it out soon; I have some more ship ideas floating around in here.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Well, for some reason people consider me a vertical ship guy, if you want to bring it by the server sometime, I'd be happy to take a look at it and maybe help figure out some little things you could do. It's an offer, but I'll definitely be checking this one out if/when you release it at a minimum.

EDIT: I say that and don't include the server info.. I'm a derp. sm.starside.space:4242
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445139328,1445138320][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll add this here, if you want to go significantly vertically asymmetrical, you typically need to make the ship flow that way, usually a good way to do so is to make the bottom wings significantly larger than the upper ones, that all being said, I don't think it needs to be vertically asymmetrical, I'd take it and add to the wings themselves. Something like engine pods or something. I tend toward designs that look more like bows, but think this turned 90 degrees: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...cruiser.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091201140703

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd love to hop on the server sometime. Unfortunately, I have three days worth of schoolwork to make up for tomorrow that I should probably get started on. Another day...

I get what you're saying with the wingy bits. Ive considered adding to them, but the whole build already looks a bit cluttered and I'm not sure there's much space to add anything significant. The gap between them ranges from 3-7 meters.

I have worked to do some minor alterations to differentiate the top from the bottom which is somewhat noticeable without hitting you over the head with it. I do want to fiddle with some of the cabling and other details to create some minor asymmetry in other areas. Nothing major, just enough to break up the monotony a bit.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    That some fine work. If I could make one suggestion. You have a lot of detail, that's good, but it's almost too much. What I mean is that you have so much stuff going on on every surface that it risks becoming a mess to look at, I almost have to concentrate to notice the seperate shapes and features. I'd really like to see you using those different shapes of grey to highlight the over all shapes on your ship, instead of using it as random texture (which is cool, dont get my wrong). That way, it'd be much easier to grasp the overall design of your ships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know what you mean. I plan on doing another pass to de-clutter some areas. I've done a bit, but it needs more. I think I'm going to try to simplify the wing areas as well to draw the eye towards the denser detailing on the fuselage. Coloration is something that is also in progress. I'm trying to use the standard hull on larger uninterrupted shapes, but I think the pattern that I put over those areas kinda negated the effect. Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I think the real problem with the detail is that it's just about all In-Line Detailing. Add some layers, let some of it come a block out or a block into the hull. I think that will help you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Still have a lot of work to do, but it's a start. Now that I have some free time again, I imagine I'll have this thing done in no time.

Maybe.

New on the left, old on the right. More cleaning up to do, but an improvement.

The interior is progressing reasonably well. I'm afraid there isn't much to show at the moment as it's mostly just grey hull boxes to get the general layout.

These are the starboard view ports. At the end of the hall there's gonna be crew quarters.

I've decided against a traditional cockpit/bridge bit with external windows. Instead I've opted to experiment with an enclosed command center with big displays, workstations, holograms and such. The layout is very odd, as you have to go from deck 2 (entrance deck w/ airlocks) and take the elevator up to deck 1, which opens up to a small balcony area overlooking the command center. There is another small elevator down to the actual command deck (which is level with deck 2, but can't be accessed from it).

Nothing actually added in yet.

Got four retracting anti-missile turrets set up. This is the first ship I have made featuring turrets.

Lots of other rail stuff too.

I've rambled a bit here, but I have one last thing I threw together and thought turned out pretty cool. Most ships I build (Including the Sentinel) start out as small scale models. After getting bored fiddling with elevator door timing, I built this little guy. It's a bit more traditional in its layout, and I believe would work well for a ~150m frigate.

Other stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Started out trying to make a small asymmetrical ship, accidentally made a B-wing.

Reminds me of the EVE Heron...
    I've never actually played EVE (though I'd like to); looking at the ships from that game I do seem to have picked up a rather EVE-ish style.

Do I get extra points for correct use of a semicolon? In a forum post no less.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Started out trying to make a small asymmetrical ship, accidentally made a B-wing.

I've never actually played EVE (though I'd like to); looking at the ships from that game I do seem to have picked up a rather EVE-ish style.

Do I get extra points for correct use of a semicolon? In a forum post no less.
    B-Wing has the cockpit on the side not middle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Original post edited to add in the Billhook. My main problem with the thing is its thrust:mass ratio. The little cockpit deal and door aren't great either, but I ultimately want to make them compatible with a carrier, so I'll be changing it to interface when the time comes anyways.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Two in one night! I have installed some anti-gravity systems on the Scarab and am ready to release it to you fine folks. Original post edited with new images and download link.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sentinel and Halberd added to original post. Sentinel systems are far from ideal (featuring my patent-pending half-assed missiles), but I wanted to get that sucker done so I could move on. I can put up the hull and interior for download if anyone is interested. The exterior is still too cluttered, but, as I said, I need to move on. I'll do some work on it in the future. Interior is also much smaller than I would have liked. The hull had plenty of space for rooms, but the shape was far from ideal.

I've begun experimenting with some new interior stuff which is vastly improved (pics to come) and intend to put what I develop there into a VERY interior heavy freighter. As you might have noticed from what I post here systems are not my strong suit, especially weapons, so this should be a good project for me.

I have also found that I really enjoy little sub 50m craft, both with and without interiors, so expect a few of those to trickle out. You would be amazed how much of an interior you can fit into ships that size.

Reaction score
    Sooo... the Halberds shape has been inspired by FTLs Halberd beam? Either way, these ships look really good. Keep it up!