Glitch Hurricane

Reaction score
    Last night I experienced so many different things and I don't know what is known or unknown and I don't know if maybe some of it was me being a derp. . . but I'm thinking I will just list it all out and upload the whole log folder. All of this is single player.

I downloaded the Osiris Battlecruiser and decided I would just go out and have some fun with Pirates in a fairly new universe I created.

Osiris Battlecruiser

I wanted to experiment with it's drones to see how the docking and undocking process goes and I wanted to see how the ship did against a typical scenario attacking a pirate station. Keep in mind that much of what I was doing also included random pirate attacks from kicking the bee's nest.

The first recurring thing I seem to get is some sort of crash notice with a "retry" button that usually happens when pirates show up and shooting starts. If I click "retry" it seems to continue the game. As far as I can tell when that happens my server crashes behind the scenes and my game still looks like it is playing but enemies are immortal and logic acts weird. Some of what I experienced might be related.

Moving on:

1) Undocking is logic dependent so it is as good as it's build. The Osiris seems like a really solid build and the drones undock with a graceful choreography. A carrier recall order to fleet members is dependent on fleet AI and it is completely unpredictable. Some of the Osiris drones hit the pickup point and went in, some of them derped all over the place and eventually got in after I moved around and gave orders again, some of them derped themselves into a vegetative state and stopped responding and I had to manually fly the Osiris to them and position the pickup point over them. I went from Star Wars to Space Balls in one Fleet command. . . bleh.

2) I am in flight mode using that right shift button change my view feature so I can see the hanger while using inner ship remotes to open and close the doors and watching drones undock and re-dock. Every time a drone docks, the view resets to it's default position and I need to position it back to see the doors again. Bleh

3) If I am not in the ships core and my fleet is moving to a new location, I fall into the floor block occasionally as I am walking around. I can jump out easily, and I need to because if I don't it will eventually tick again and I will fall through the floor to the next level. I think this is part of changing sectors. This is probably known. . but it kind of kills the whole starship immersion experience. . . I'm just sayin'.

4) I occasionally get into a game state after starting the game and admin spawning in a ship where auto triggered blast doors and plex doors that need to be manually opened from one side do not open properly. Only the block I click on opens, not the whole door, and then it auto closes behind me. Restarting the game fixes it. This may also be the same state I experienced where inner ship remotes don't trigger their connected logic, some missiles and canons seem to fire but don't render while others work fine and ships respond to a carrier recall but they just sit on the pickup point without being picked up. I can't be sure if they are the same problem or different problems, but all of that happened.

5) I flew up to a derelict station, the "cathedral station". As I was comparing the size of my ship to the size of the station it went "poof" and vanished. I'm pretty sure I somehow randomly jumped to a different sector. That's what it looked like on the map. I tried to go back and check but. . .

6) After one of my many game restarts, some of the turrets for my ship spawned in a different place than the rest of the ship and it freaked the game out. Every 15 seconds or so I was spammed with about 10 server admin messages at once filling up the screen saying something like "Osiris Battlecruiser is looking for xxx docked entity and not finding it. Please report this." I found the missing pieces floating in space shooting at the pirates. . . but there was no fixing it. I had to kill the pirates with the server alert spamming me every 15 seconds then destroy the Osiris entity with a console commend to stop the nightmare. Later I also found the turrets from the same cathedral station floating where it used to be. They were floating next to a 1 block thick square plane named "derelict station" So something happened there too. . .

7) I spawned a new Osiris Battlecruiser. I noticed another server admin message about that ship having something connected to two things at once and blah blah blah. These messages disappear faster than I can read them so I have no idea what they are trying to say. Something on the Osiris is connected to two things at once. Let it be known. Some day I will figure out where those messages are kept after they vanish but at least I have all my entities attached. . . so for now let me jump somewhere. . . .

8) I try to use the Osiris jump drive. I spend a normal amount of time charging it up and I try to use it. I get a server message "Possible hack by player charging up the jump drive too fast. False positive can be found in the logs" WTF?? I try to jump but it just expends without jumping. I try again, same thing. Again, same thing. I used it before and it worked fine. Restart the game. . . again. . . it works. But now I'm tired and kind of beaten down so I go to bed.

If I didn't have admin powers and I had been playing that universe for weeks and built up the Osiris from scratch, that would have been a really terrible experience for me. As it was, even with admin powers giving me total control, and doing it all in an evening, it was much more tedious than fun. Adding those Osiris drones to my Osiris fleet was like playing "Where's Waldo" with Waldo hiding in a giant list of doors and elevators and turrets that were all named Waldo.

Logs are attached

Attachments

Last edited: