GLException: GL_INVALID_OPERATION with OBS on

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I was going to try to record a video today but I couldn't because the game kept crashing when ever I had OBS running. When ever I would hold [CTRL] while trying to select a block rotation (pickup rail) with OBS running, I would get the this error: GLException: GL_INVALID_OPERATION But if I don't have OBS running while trying to select a rail block orientation, then I don't have any issues.

I tried two different versions of OBS, 18.0.1, and 0.16.6 with no effect.
    I tried two different versions of Starmade with no effect.
    I also turned off 3D on my Nvidia control center for Java with no effect.
    I tried a bunch of settings in the graphics setting of Starmade with no effect.
    I even tried turning off antialiasing, but it was already off. or at least set to zero.

So what's the deal. What can I try next. I really want to record some more videos, but this is really annoying.

Edit:
    I'm using Windows 10, I have an I7 6800K, 32Gig of Ram, and a GTX1070.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Vhat version of graphics drivers are you using?

Try "rolling back" the video drivers by 1-2 versions from newest (needs manual uninstall, may require a "clean uninstall" if your windows is anal about backups)

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Still not working

I used the program suggested by DrTarDIS to remove and reinstall my graphics driver, and that didn't work. I also tried an older driver, and the newest driver and that didn't work either. I did notice that if at any time Starmade and OBS are running at the same time, Starmade will crash anytime you try to rotate a block. So even if you start both Starmade and OBS, but then quit OBS, it will still crash.

In the mean time I'm getting my videos recorded using Nvidia's Shadowplay software. It's not as nice as OBS, but it will get the job done untill I can figure out what's going on with my setup.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Toggling this solved it for me:
    Also try running in borderless window mode

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yeah, I tried that already but it didn't help.
    I ended up just capturing the whole screen and then just cropping it. That will work for now. I plan on blowing away my PC and reformatting the hard drive anyways. Will let you guys know if it works with fresh OS installed.