Recognized Give the Undeathinator transporter-esque visuals.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm loving the new Transporter effect and block texture... Why not turn PlexUndeathinators into a red version of the transporter pad block, with a red transporter effect that appears when you get 'undeathinated'? I also much prefer the transporter's "appear on top of the block" mechanic to current Undeathinator mechanics which work - unpredictably - like exiting a core. Much cooler undeathination chambers could be built with the much-more-predictable transporter functionality.

Reaction score
    Ok I like this idea. One it would look cool two it would fix the how did I get stuck in a wall or outside problem.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I really liked everything about the way transporters worked... Simple, intuitive, and very very strictly predictable*. You can even put a transporter pad under a bunch of blocks and rather than being magically moved out of the way, you get stuck inside the blocks, as expected. I like this. More of the game should work that way.

*Except for the strange ability to re-orient transporter blocks. Beaming out from a non-upward transporter works as expected, but no matter what you will materialize on top of the block. This bug needs to be fixed; placing strangely-oriented transporters shouldn't be possible in the first place, as cool as it looks.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    placing strangely-oriented transporters shouldn't be possible in the first place, as cool as it looks.
    Aesthetically I for one really enjoy the full column effect you can get in a room that is 3 open spaces tall by doing transporters in the floor and ceiling.

In terms of function I agree that reconciling the spawn behavior and the transporter orientation is probably more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps it might be better to allow the rotations and the animation to fire when the transporter is activated, but only treat properly oriented blocks as valid for selection which of the blocks that belong to the computer to spawn on.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I really liked everything about the way transporters worked... Simple, intuitive, and very very strictly predictable*. You can even put a transporter pad under a bunch of blocks and rather than being magically moved out of the way, you get stuck inside the blocks, as expected. I like this. More of the game should work that way.

*Except for the strange ability to re-orient transporter blocks. Beaming out from a non-upward transporter works as expected, but no matter what you will materialize on top of the block. This bug needs to be fixed; placing strangely-oriented transporters shouldn't be possible in the first place, as cool as it looks.
    I'm sad that this doesn't actually work. I wanted to create a teleporter trap that dumps someone in a room composed entirely of lava.

As for the original suggestion? I love it. +1 from me.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    +1

Like in Borderlands when you respawn at the new-u stations. Now all we need is snarky messages to pop up when you respawn about how you suck for dying.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'm sad that this doesn't actually work. I wanted to create a teleporter trap that dumps someone in a room composed entirely of lava.
    1. Make roof a docked entity with lava.

2. Drop it down when not using transporter.

3. Make transporter public.

4. Profit.

Asvarduil

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1. Make roof a docked entity with lava.

2. Drop it down when not using transporter.

3. Make transporter public.

4. Profit.
    I love you. TrollRoom 1.0 going online soon, in a location near me!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Aesthetically I for one really enjoy the full column effect you can get in a room that is 3 open spaces tall by doing transporters in the floor and ceiling.
    Yes, same here. Only problem is that half the time you'll spawn inside the ceiling. Have fun.
    In terms of function I agree that reconciling the spawn behavior and the transporter orientation is probably more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps it might be better to allow the rotations and the animation to fire when the transporter is activated, but only treat properly oriented blocks as valid for selection which of the blocks that belong to the computer to spawn on.
    Meh. It'd be worth it to make teleporting in work with non-up-facing transporters, IMO. Having your transporter beam you down from the ceiling looks pretty damn cool, plus it allows for auto-gravity beam-ins without gravity turning off when you step on the pad again... But I digress. Wasn't this topic supposed to be about undeathinators? :P

Asvarduil

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes, same here. Only problem is that half the time you'll spawn inside the ceiling. Have fun.

Meh. It'd be worth it to make teleporting in work with non-up-facing transporters, IMO. Having your transporter beam you down from the ceiling looks pretty damn cool, plus it allows for auto-gravity beam-ins without gravity turning off when you step on the pad again... But I digress. Wasn't this topic supposed to be about undeathinators? :p
    One thing I've learned in decades of internet use - topics, like the truth, are fluid.

...Why can't we set a teleporter pad as a child to an undeathinator to control where we spawn?

Reactions: Paradox42

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That would be cool, but I kind of wanted a distinct, red, medical-looking undeathinator...