GIve Planets More of a Purpose.

Reaction score
    Hello Schema,
    Besides the fact that you can mine from the planets and they are cool to see you should give them more of a purpose. Possibly giving certain ones specials ores. Also, were you ever thinking of having any kind of on foot combat or exploration, becuase it would be cool to have specific eneimies or ancient civilizations you can find. One last thing, are you going to make any ancient ruins of like alien civilizations or something along those lines to make the universe feel more allive.
    That's It!
    snipem1438

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    A lot of what you advised is already planned :)
    I'll do my best to implement it as soon as possible.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad to know that there will be interesting things to look out for! Also, you should make some sort of tech that requires you to translate an alien language that could lead to fights with large enemies that drop special items. Or it leads to special items for solving the puzzles. THis could be on foot or in ship. It would be cool to see both implemented. Other than that the game looks great so far! Keep up the good work!
    May the force be with you.
    Snipem1438

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to see planets look more realistic. As is, just having discs floating in space is a little weird. I was thinking that it might be possible to have cubic planets, with terrain on each face.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I gotta be honest, I kinda like the petri dish look of the planets. However I figgured if you where to use 6 of them to make a cube you would have something more interesting. Where they meet together you might want to have a diagonal gravity for walking from one side to the next. To make it easier on the computer make it hollow with an impassible block as a barrier (Don\'t want to fall or mine to the middle and get stuck). Also will space craft be able to lift off the surface and/or hover in the future? I hate having to land on the edge of the disc just to make sure I dont get my ship stuck on the planet. Unless of course I am doing something wrong with the thrusters....

Reaction score
    So, I just found this game and love it.. I came to suggest stuff about planets Since I saw this thread. I think the underneaths of planets shouldn\'t spawn ores, it kinda makes it easy mode.. and are you planning to make the game more survial based? Monsters, critters... I\'d love to find alien tech on a planet, something for a starship or such, that can\'t be bought.. special weapons or something.=-)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yah know I was thinking of that and the fact you can compleatly destroy planets. not to mention attack home planets from underneath (remember they are invulnerable...... for now). I thought it would be a good Idea if planets had a very tough unharvestable block with lots of health and damage reduction for the bottom. Kinda like a crust just to make it hard but not imposible to destroy planets and ina faction war destroying the homeplanet would require you to attack from one side, above.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Planets should actually have a \"core\" or something, that is not destroyable neither harvestable, totally immune, so that the planet entity don\'t dissapear, and from where it can regenerate in time.

I find it worrying how just 10 players can wipe so many planets, imagine an universe with nearly no planets at all if we have more players on the same server.
    Planets need a protection, else humanity can make them extinct too easy... same as with everything >_>

Reaction score
    I think it would be cool to see planets that are round with gravity and walking around a planet to look properly, as in real life planets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I find it worrying how just 10 players can wipe so many planets, imagine an universe with nearly no planets at all if we have more players on the same server.

Planets need a protection, else humanity can make them extinct too easy... same as with everything >_>

This scenario is impossible as the StarMade universe is infinite, therefore it is impossible to destroy all the planets. Just keep moving outward more. No big deal. I\'m sure this won\'t be as much of a problem if and when FTL travel is implemented, and sectors and planets increase in size. I think the universe right now is actually too dense, in terms of how systems and planets are clustered together so close. If it becomes less dense, planet eating won\'t be as much of a problem.

You could apply the same worry you have for asteroids and such, but asteroids regenerate. I think planets should do the same if they are harvested. I also think salvage cannons should have more restrictions on the things they can harvest from. Letting weapons being required alone for destroying planets is way cooler. Having inventory caps for each item slot of say, 100,000 would help a long way to stopping players from sucking up planets as quickly too. Oh, and if salvage cannons actually used power, too.

Also, having invincible blocks on entities that are not faction homebases or shops is a bad idea. The universe should be as editable and interactive as possible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this is silly but couldnt, you work something into the code (for a teleport beam) that detects soild things below you, and beams you down, and in you inventory a b eam me up thing appeares (remote or something that you cant get rid of) and that beams you back to the beam computer this would make it fun (and if you stay on the planet for to long you beam remote runs out of power your stranded and have to survive till it recharges

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m with you on the planet aspect.

I mostly avoid planets like the plague.

I\'d love to see them be much larger, but not appear in space as floating dinner plates. Maybe entering an atmosphere transitions you to another area that\'s all planet. Maybe all you see beneath you is land/water. Maybe that land loops to give you the illusion that you\'re on a sphere.

Reaction score
    just having discs floating in space is a little weird.

Discworld

Wait, I guess Discworld qualifies as weird.... so I can\'t use that to defend Discworlds.

Reaction score
    Not only for beaming yourself to and from planets, but also if you wanted to collect other entities (when we get them).