Give Mining a "Treasure Hunt" Feel

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's why you have limitations like faction point costs and such. Haven't we already had this discussion in another thread?
    Sounds like a fact. (which I can't remember because it didn't exist)
    What? No, I'm saying have a faction point cost for mining fleets to prevent massive exponential mining fleets from growing.
    Now it sounds like a suggestion.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    As I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the thinks found rarly in an asteroid should be coubled with thinks like flora or founa - npcs or shipparts.
    I would like it to find a small cave inside a rock containing the sleeping cell of a long forgotten journy, yielding you a new crewmember. Or a small smuggler base trapped in an asteroid having some equipment like a rocket launcher. Or just finding a rare flower which you then can hand over to your allies, which reward you with reputation.
    Or finding the allien egg someone mentioned.

I wouldn't recommen any tiers or 'spezial' resources.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    Ya know, for starters we could just have solid ore blocks that give you 10 or 20 ore per block(but no asteroid stuff? Instead of 1(?).

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This is the kind of thing that would be really cool to have for materials for player gear, fauna, and lore.

Reaction score
    I'd like to have different materials as fuel for the reactors or thrusters. Finding common and rare crystals which increases my power regeneration by a certain % bonus would be cool. In addition figths around sectors with a spawning chance for rare ressources could be interesting for bigger factions.
    Another thing is the value of rare materials, so you have to make a decision wether you want to use or trade them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    May I add on to this?

I'd LOVE to have the game feature more on space exploration.

We all know that you spawn in 0,0,0

I feel like... the farther you go out in the galaxy, the more special or rare materials will appear. And perhaps, each galaxy can have different features and materials. Or NPC (okay that's going a bit off topic...), but... I think that'll be awesome and encourage more on space exploration.

As of right now, everything is the same, and players just have to find materials in certain locations. Perhaps this could get worked on more... adding more materials and things. Like "Hey we got a new update for StarMade. New material B-9425, can be used for decoration!" Idk. I'd love to see new things daily, since the game is vast.