Give me some gear, grav boots, jetpack and harpoon gun.

Reaction score
    OK lets give out little buddy some more gear, his ship seems to get all the love.

Grav boots-
    Allow you to align in any direction you wish by generating a small gravity field on the wearer. Not strong enough to override local gravity, so you can't walk upside down when in a planets gravity.

Jetpack
    A personal jetpack. Burn time of something like 10 seconds with a 30 second recharge. Max speed of something like 30-50m/s. Would make jumping ship-ship much more fun but would not allow full flight. Time should allow you to get airbourn when on a planet but not out of the planets gravity.

Harpoon gun.
    You shoot it, you get pulled to it, simple enough. Short range. Again allows some mobility and some cool boarding tool jumps. Oh and if you fall out of your ship you can grapple back on

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    OK lets give out little buddy some more gear, his ship seems to get all the love.

Grav boots-
    Allow you to align in any direction you wish by generating a small gravity field on the wearer. Not strong enough to override local gravity, so you can't walk upside down when in a planets gravity.

Jetpack
    A personal jetpack. Burn time of something like 10 seconds with a 30 second recharge. Max speed of something like 30-50m/s. Would make jumping ship-ship much more fun but would not allow full flight. Time should allow you to get airbourn when on a planet but not out of the planets gravity.

Harpoon gun.
    You shoot it, you get pulled to it, simple enough. Short range. Again allows some mobility and some cool boarding tool jumps. Oh and if you fall out of your ship you can grapple back on
    Grav boots we got in form of aiming at the ship and pressing spacebar, this will align you with the ship and keep you with it, works in the way you describe the boots except that it is permanent until a certain range.

something to get the astronaut to move faster would be really nice

We just got a grappling hook/harpoon gun, it doesn't pull you in though but it aligns you with the ship for about 42 seconds unless you can get in a certain range of the ship.

Reaction score
    Grav boots we got in form of aiming at the ship and pressing spacebar, this will align you with the ship and keep you with it, works in the way you describe the boots except that it is permanent until a certain range.
    I don't want to be aligned to the ship I want to be aligned to the surface. Effectively letting me walk on any serface as if it was "down" when in zero g

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I agree with the sentiments posted here. Boarding will be much better if Dave didn't have to space crawl.