Ghost docking and pickup rail collision detection triggering?

Reaction score
    Almost got my drone fighter light carrier working...Everything 'works' the way it should, except for the docking.

First, WTF are drones collision-detecting on pickup and shootout rails? That's....insane. Especially since they *MUST* be right next to the pickup point! Wouldn't surprise me if the pickup point is collision-enabled too. Fix this. Fix this fast.

Then there's the matter of 'ghost docking'. I'm doing this on a multiplayer server and managed to conquer the insane collision thing. Now they 'dock'...but they aren't really docked. They don't move down the rail, and when I relog they aren't docked at all.

Is this a multiplayer lag thing? Is there any way to work around it?

Reaction score
    Nothing you said makes sense to me.
    More detail?
    ...AI piloted drones, or fighters, or ships that are to dock with a mothership carrier...Currently are detecting pickup rails as collide objects, rather than ignoring them. This causes them to flip around constantly. They can't actually collide with the rails, but they think they can, so they behave erratically.

...AI docking ships appear to attach to a pickup rail but do not actually do so. They do not move down the pickup rail and logging off and back on to the server will make them appear at their true position - not docked.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    ...AI piloted drones, or fighters, or ships that are to dock with a mothership carrier...Currently are detecting pickup rails as collide objects, rather than ignoring them. This causes them to flip around constantly. They can't actually collide with the rails, but they think they can, so they behave erratically.

...AI docking ships appear to attach to a pickup rail but do not actually do so. They do not move down the pickup rail and logging off and back on to the server will make them appear at their true position - not docked.
    Yeah I know it's pretty bad. Essentially non functional at this point. I can only occasional get something to dock. Mainly it just flys up to the pickup point and spins in place.

I think the pickup point needs to be more like an area trigger. The ship should snap to the point when it gets close and not have to physically touch it.

I have not encountered the other issue you spoke of. When I dock things manually to the pickup blocks it works fine. Try removing the trouble blocks, then exit the game and let the sector unload. Then Log back in and place he blocks again. The saved data for the ship might be slightly corrupted.

Reaction score
    I have not encountered the other issue you spoke of. When I dock things manually to the pickup blocks it works fine. Try removing the trouble blocks, then exit the game and let the sector unload. Then Log back in and place he blocks again. The saved data for the ship might be slightly corrupted.
    What I mean is that I managed to conquer the problem of the drones spinning in place (It is an area-pickup point FYI, just not big enough to overcome the collision detection problem). But, even having them come into contact with the pickup point, they don't actually dock...they only *appear* to dock.

I've found it helpful to have multiple docking points on a ship to get them to dock with the pickup rail. But, again, they aren't really docked.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was having the same issues on my drone carrier,the drones were colliding with my blast doors even when open,also they have to do something with the speed of ships on carrier return full speed of 350ms is crazy!! sent my carrier spinning and almost ran over dave.