Bug Getting killed in homebase time over time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, I imagined I'd be safe in my faction home base I erected on a desert planet, but in the latest build 0.174, I get plastered by pirates continuously. A docked ship gets destroyed and I can't even walk to it without being killed because of the constant barrage.
    All this happens in single player mode with an AI setting of easy. Somehow I don't think this is a smart development when one wants to interest or attract new players to the game. Hell, even Elite from 1984 was easier then this. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    On Single player?

Select them with F and type in chat /destroy_entity_dock

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    And you have no turrets? Lacking any form of defense is a bad idea regardless of if you are in a homebase or not.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yes you can use commands to delete them. Are you underground or is the base on the surface because I thought getting shot through stuff was fixed.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    was that ship properly docked when it was destroyed?
    did you ecplicitly set the factionend place to "Faction Home" ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, to answer all your questions:

The faction base, established with a faction block and set explicitly to home base, is located on a desert planet with two docking ports in use. And yes, the ship(s) were properly docked.

I noticed a large pyramid like structure while orbiting it and decided this would be a nice place to start a home base since the civilization was obviously long gone.<g>
    In fact there's a pyramid inside a pyramid. The outer one is open from the sky and at some points from the planet floor up, so shots fired can get inside the outer shell if fired low enough. I don't think shots came through the structure, but spawning several times in less then a minute without seeing where the bullet came from I can't be absolutely sure.

As for turrets, well I didn't get around to that yet. With the new crafting system it's a little harder to get all the credits and parts to get something like that up and running.

@therimmer96: Didn't know that command - is there a list somewhere -, would that also work by selecting the culprits in the Navigation screen and then type /destroy_entity_dock ?

Greets,

Jan

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Oh cool thats a rare find.

The only list I know of is outdated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh cool thats a rare find.

The only list I know of is outdated.
    Well, I found the destroy_entity and destroy_entity_dock commands in the sticky of this sub-forum in the title Admin Commands.
    I presume that's the most up to date list then.

I was quite surprised too with this find, hadn't seen anything like this before on planets.
    I hope this is a little hint of things to come in the future.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    There's also a command that will remove them all at once, the usage should be like this:
    /despawn_all MOB all true

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There's also a command that will remove them all at once, the usage should be like this:
    /despawn_all MOB all true
    Interesting, obviously making a list of these for off-line use is imperative. ;-)

One thing though, wouldn't this command also remove all trader ships? I seem to recollect these are noted as MOB too in the navigation window, what was a little confusing until I noticed the words 'trader vessel' at the end of the text....

Greets,

Jan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Interesting, obviously making a list of these for off-line use is imperative. ;-)

One thing though, wouldn't this command also remove all trader ships? I seem to recollect these are noted as MOB too in the navigation window, what was a little confusing until I noticed the words 'trader vessel' at the end of the text....

Greets,

Jan
    yes, it would delete traders, it will delete any Mob ship on the server (Which is a handy way to clean up lag)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    yes, it would delete traders, it will delete any Mob ship on the server (Which is a handy way to clean up lag)
    Right, probably useful sometimes, but a little overkill in this case, I reckon.<g>

Selecting the culprit in the navigation list and doing /destroy_entity in the chat window worked as well as using the F key. While doing this there were two last streaks of missle fire coming through the walls of the structure, obviously a last repose, but they didn't do any damage. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score

Greets,

Jan
    As rimmer said, it would. However, that MOB there is just a prefix. By extending it you can delete ships more selectively. I don't know, though, what the prefix that only removes pirates would be—but traders respawn anyway.