Getting into my old worlds since patch.

Reaction score
    I think I found out why I was unable to get into my old worlds after the newest patch. I was looking over the new menu options and found that on any of my old worlds the sector size had been set to 1000 (it was 2000 default before if I recall). So after I set sector size to 2000 I was able to get in my old worlds and play normally.

I am not sure as of right now if I have to set the world settings each time I go to play or just the first time. I will look into this.

Other than that I have been enjoying the new menus.

Reaction score
    as it stands every time I want to go into a world I have to reset the new menus options, so that's a thing. oh well working the bugs out.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes, I've encountered this issue when I played as well. Basically, the game resets your server (universe) config to default every time the world is played. For some reason it also resets to the default config values from 2 years ago, hence the 1km sectors.

To fix it, go into your starmade directory folder, and find the "server" file (contains the universe setfings). If you need to change the config, open it with notepad++ or any other suitable program, and make the required changes, save and close.
    After that, if you're using windows, simply right click the file, press "properties", and check the "read only" option box in the menu that pops up, and confirm the change.

Tadaa, the config won't reset itself after every time you play. If you need to make changes to it you'll have to disable "read only" before making the changes, otherwise the config file can't be modified. It's a pretty band-aid solution, but at least it'll allow you to play until the bug gets fixed.

Reaction score
    And another useful tipp i wish someone had told me before patching:
    If you have somekind of creative world. Remember to disable the pirates in the config, change blueprint permissions, delete the pirate faction or anything.
    Was a nasty surprise.
    Exspecially since it took about 10 minutes for me to realise due to multitabbing.

Thank you based starmade for making backups.

Reaction score
    After I posted this I did go back and edit my server file, saved it and the new menu still reverted to it's old defaults. However, once I got my world working it did not seem to matter what the menu settings were I was able to get in.

Now for them to fix the turret A.I. issue...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    And another useful tipp i wish someone had told me before patching:
    If you have somekind of creative world. Remember to disable the pirates in the config, change blueprint permissions, delete the pirate faction or anything.
    Was a nasty surprise.
    Exspecially since it took about 10 minutes for me to realise due to multitabbing.

Thank you based starmade for making backups.
    Haha, same happened to me. Dozen or so pirates spawned in a combination of my light-fighter builds and a heavier pure combat ship. I was quite irritated.