Getting back into it help

Reaction score
    Hi Guys,

I was working on a pretty monster project a few years ago on Starmade and was looking to get back into it. Before I download it again, will my old blueprints work on the new version of the game? And can anyone point me in the rough direction on what I can do to start improving the ship with additions to the game I'm not aware of. Please find below the original ship post.

http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/stargate-x-303-prometheus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Blueprints should still work, you'll need to refit it pretty much entirely, and looking at those old screenies, you can easily make the power reactors much more efficient. Most efficient is simply a long line.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Looking at that, it's really neat! However, I have to recommend, with all the changes to the game in the past year, that you spawn the existing blueprint in as a reference guide and build the whole thing over from scratch next to it. There are so many different ways to decorate now, and the system changes, such as the simplified power generation that Crusade mentioned will make the interior different.

Example changes:
    I don't think group dimensions matter on engines anymore, so you could place engine blocks anywhere to add to the overall thrust rating the same as if they were all grouped together.
    With our new HP system in place now, you can place that first block, the ship core, in an easy-to-reach spot for faster piloting, instead of having to bury it deep within the ship (the classic defense against core-drilling). This may be the most important reason to start from scratch.
    With the rail system, you can now make viable either turret that you had planned before. They will probably be less powerful.
    Angled blocks can be used to make the text on the side of the ship neater and nicer.
    Different hull/armor block types can produce different shades of the same color, so that may be a fun way to break up the surface of the ship.
    Adding in logic and rails may change the internal layout as much as the simplified power generator system (long lines, can zig-zag).
    You can click on a particular point in the dimension bars in advanced build mode to set them to a particular length, and then make fine adjustments. With this, you can really expand your maximum build-mode dimensions and lay down more blocks in a precise manner.
    We have shape-helpers in build mode, to ease the creation of circles, like with the engines. You can use that to make good engines quickly without it being such a huge project, so that you can focus on wedging them to look nice.
    Now that we have a lot more transparent blocks, you may want to change the way the astronaut-accessible interior is made.
    More lighting options means that you won't be stuck with merely white blocks and ice crystals.

Reaction score
    Ah thanks for the reply. Don't think I'll have time to redo it all from scratch but some of these new things should really save some time. I've just started texturing the exterior today and already it looks a hole lot better. I might make a new project post today to show it after a full days work today. I think the interior I'm going to completely rip out and start again at a later date though.