Read by Council Get Rid of Reactor Lines

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The game should be more fun then tedious. If I want tedious, I'll do the laundry, organize my computer room, or clean my aquarium.
    You do realize that this is a voxel game where you build everything from scratch one block at a time, right?

If you're allergic to tedious games, you really shouldn't be playing this in the first place.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Edymnion, I love you man, and I agree with you 99% of the time. But you just exemplified the problem we need to fix with Starmade.
    To me, saying you want a non-tedious voxel game is like saying you want a FPS with unlimited ammo and auto-targeting.

The tedious, meticulous nature of the game is precisely what some of us LIKE about it.

I enjoy the reactor line system we have now, precisely for the reasons already mentioned in that it rewards players who take the time to learn the system and plan their builds out beforehand. People who do that SHOULD be rewarded with better performance.

I honestly wish shields worked the same way as reactors and capacitors do.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Some use weapons. Salvage cannons. I've put effect modules in there before. People that do that kind of thing would get pretty badly screwed over.
    Yep. They would have to figure out how to do things differently, unless the current stick-reactor option remains in place.

There's nothing to keep the devs from deciding on multiple reactor bonus paradigms, so stick reactors might remain.

I simply want the option for a bonus-enabled house-sized box reactor system that you see in absolutely every sci-fi franchise ever, that provides a good bonus, without having to resort to the twisted-line box dim reactors that we have seen ever since the 5x5x5 reactor box challenge.

2dshooter_reactor_small.png battletech_scifi_powerplant_tiny.png scifi_reactor_room_tiny.png
    venator_reactor_cutaway.png
    unreal4_reactor_room_narrow.png startrek_reactor.jpg
    scifi_reactor_tiny.png

Reactions: Nexusdog