General Info Questions, as well as PvP based questions

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Yes, the reload is longer, but the beam duration is the same as the reload time.
    Yep, true. The downside is that salvage/pulse only 'ticks' at 1/5 of the rate of other salvage combinations, resulting in the total effectiveness being the same.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yep, true. The downside is that salvage/pulse only 'ticks' at 1/5 of the rate of other salvage combinations, resulting in the total effectiveness being the same.
    In fact not even that. Just made a test. 16 S + 16 P mine 202 blocks per minute, 32 S mine 425 blocks per minute. But that is probably a bug.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Wait, so you are saying effectively that I would actually mine faster using regular salvage beams from modules lengths of 91 blocks, than I would with my current setup? I find typically that I am mining faster than the server can keep up. Must I now test this by timing mining speeds of two such arrays on similar sized asteroids?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wait, so you are saying effectively that I would actually mine faster using regular salvage beams from modules lengths of 91 blocks, than I would with my current setup? I find typically that I am mining faster than the server can keep up. Must I now test this by timing mining speeds of two such arrays on similar sized asteroids?
    Testing game mechanics yourself is always better than believing what other people say. I suggest you mine for 1-2 minutes with your current setup and then the same time without the pulse slave. Count the mined blocks after each round. In theory, the second time you should get exactly half the amount of blocks. Don't count ores and shards.

Edit: I do my tests in single player. Behaviour under heavy server load could of course differ.

Reaction score
    Hmmmm, so how many salvagers and cannons do I need of each for max efficiency, if I just want to use 50% cannons?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmmmm, so how many salvagers and cannons do I need of each for max efficiency, if I just want to use 50% cannons?
    In theory 91 salvagers plus 45 cannons, but with the above mentioned bug I'd guess 91 salvagers plus 30 cannons. Simply build a group of 91 salvagers and like 10-20 cannons, then add cannons until you can mine continuously.