General Ideas For Starmade

Reaction score
    1. Warpcore with Warp Thrusters that when activated build up power for 5 seconds than release leaving a massive shockwave (that destroys anything but you factions ships) behind and a plasma trail as it goes into warp. (To navigate the Warpcore there could be a separate menu that tells you all the sectors and star systems in range.

2. Credit can be looted from pirate ships and stations

3. The Traders Guild ( the shops) have their own ships that travel and sell stuff in different sectors

4. A Weapons block that deploys disentergration explosives like mines when activated ( good if chased by enemy.

5. Thick asteroid belts

6. Docking clamps ( sort of like plex doors, they can clamp around small ships like escape pods)

7. Updated graphics, plex doors close more slowly and smoother

8. Station computer ( can control what's docked and can close any doors linked to the computer.

9. Control Panel ( a devise that can be placed on a wall and be linked to the station computer and can remotely close doors and de dock ships without having to go up to the computer and doing it there

10. Locked security doors ( doors that require a password or code to open)

11. Self destruct option on ships ( requires password)

12. Bigger planets ( planets could be bigger in size and are spherical and have a centre of gravity so the gravity is the same on all sides of the planet)

13. Improved navigation block ( a block that upgrades navigation and can see the entire starsystem and ships that are in the star system, plus a warning system that alerts you when hostiles are a sector away

BONUS: Warp:

Warp Dosent have to be warp it can be a few fancy graphics and 6x the speed.

The warp core can be a block that does need special thrusters but the block itself is simply a: radar jamming block, cloaking block and some simple coding to make your ship intangible ( no collide).

When the warp core is activated a 10 second countdown will activate along with some flashing lights and a sound clip (warp ore build up), once the countdown has reached 0 (NOTE:the following happens all very fast nearly at the same time) the warp thrusters out side of the ship give out a massive pulsator blast, the shield graphic happens everywhere on the ship, the ship gets cloaked and radar jammed and a missile trail comes out of the thrusters as he ship accelerates to make it look like to others that the ship had disappeared into warp when the ship has only been cloaked and radar jammed plus the speed is 6x (300 km/ph) the original so people get to their destination a lot faster. Acceleration of warp reaches maximum speed in 3 seconds. The player sees thing differently, A warp graphic will replace the display ( similar to the one in starwars and in startrek) and the ship will AUTOMATICALLY fly to its set location ( players cannot fly in warp freely). The warp core will have it's own navigation and can travel a maximum range of one star system and a minimum of 1 sector anything else in between is permitted. Cool down with be 1 minute and 30 seconds it have red highlighted countdown.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Definitely! I second this! There should be shop ships, There should be two catagories, There should be a salvager automated ship which salvanges astroids to restock the shop it came from. It could also use those resouces to make other manufactured items. The second type of ship should be a shop ship which flies around all over looking for anyone who needs anything. Due to a lot of shops being out of stock, And getting stranded away from a shop without a ship, And salvagers running out of astroids, This would definitely be important.

A possible third class could be a rescue ship which rescues players who\'s ships have been destroyed, I\'m not sure how that would work though.

Reaction score
    YES I second that you seconded me

i agree, different classes of ships and actually NPCs would be cool like maybe having service ships that heal damages parts of your ship automatically

also I think you should check out my other forum, it\'s called \"4 New Forms Of Docking\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    These are pretty good ideas. I had one: What if when power is deficient, or when the ship\'s hull is hit, all lights on the ship will dim or flicker.

Reaction score
    Howsabout an increase turn speed on large ships by placing thrusters on the port and starboard sides facing out.