General Build Ideas. [Closed]

Reaction score
    Hello there!

Firstly i'd like to thank you for stopping by, This thread I made because well I am terrible at building good looking ships. So I'd like ideas for ships to build. I love my Sifi but i lack inspiration to build with. I can never build things when looking at pictures (it always looks very badly wrong) So i'd like Ideas on what I could impliment onto my space station. At the moment i'm building a Dreadnaught class ship with two huge hangers. After this i shall work on my space stations. But i'd like to have multiple stories and structures. Sort of like a space base with more then one structure.

I'm sorry if what i'm asking for isn't plain. I'm not asking for downloads of ships or images. I will create the ship or anything thats suggested. Myself. I'm just not sure where to begin.

Thanks for the help and if you've actually read all that then i thank you even more!

All ideas are appreciaeted

ThisIsOneCrazyMonkey.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Start small. Work out how to make a good-looking ship of under 500 mass before you go wasting your time on massive \'Dreadnaught class\' ships.

An easy way to get started is with geometric shapes. Base your ship/station on an ellipse or a diamond, and work from there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you want to go the geometric direction, download the tool in the Offline Ship Editor thread. You can generate basic ship hulls (box, cone, sphere, cylinder, needle, irregular, open frame) quickly and without the tedium of doing it by hand. Then you can bring it into StarMade for the detailing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Encouraging him to use some second-rate carebear tool is not going to improve his building. It puts another layer of abstraction between the player and the work; history shows that similar tools benefit only those who have already mastered their form.

Reaction score
    looking for space base ideas? well check out Space Base! http://star-made.org/node/17879#comment-95407

I also have two concepts which i will improve for a modular ship and a modular base. These arent really being done by anyone.

http://star-made.org/node/17595

the sky is the limit in this game.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Please dont drag up topics this old, especially when just advertising.

Lockin\' this up.