Gamebreaking bug with screenshots, causes crash

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Found a weird bug that crashes the game, figured I'd post it here.

The bug:

When a lift is altered mid use, the platform will freeze. Even if you remove the rest of the lift, it will stay in that spot forever. You can activate the lift again and it will make another platform, which can also be frozen with the same process. Shooting this frozen platform with an AntiMatter Cannon (Salvage Cannons and SD-BB Missile Arrays do nothing) will crash the game.

Recreating:

1. Place any amount of PlexLifter blocks in a column. http://i.imgur.com/3lJqIHah.jpg
    2. Activate the lift with R, and remove a lift block while the platform is rising. http://i.imgur.com/GQZLQsHh.jpg (I removed all the blocks since it's hard to show it freezing in a screenshot.)
    3. Shoot the frozen platform with an AntiMatter Cannon.

Not tested:

• While testing this on my private server, it crashed my entire server. Think it might be because I'm running the game and server on the same computer, but it might crash a server not on the same computer as the game (although not likely).
    • Haven't tested on a different computer to see if it's just my computer.

Implication:

None, unless it can actually crash a public server or something. That would make griefing pretty easy. Besides that i'd imagine you could just.. not break your lifts on purpose.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I came here to see if anyone else had encoutered this like I just did, so consider it duplicated, for local play, at least.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I never knew what happened, i built a station, removed a lift by accident and it got stuck. next thing i knew i was shooting the station out of anger due to the fact that i can\'t change over 1000 blocks just for a failed elevator and it crashed.

It is not your computer, it is the game itself. i thought it was just me at first as well. have not tested it on a mutiplayer server. i hope they do get this fixed soon.