Game won't start

Reaction score
    hey sorry, im not as much new to the game, more of havent played it since mid last year because i looted some space stations and got loaded with a god ship 15 minutes into the game and got bored, however seeing some youtubers playing it recently has made me want to play it again, ALOT, and to my disappointment, when i updated to version 0.158, the game no longer opens, the starter still comes up but when i click play or start or whatever it does nothing, no error codes or anything, ive restarted my computer, i even checked task manager, and no task comes up after i click start or play, in fact java dissapears off the list, and i have no idea where to get the tracker or whatever, nor how to reinstall it, i got it when it was free, and im poor so im not paying for it, sorry.

Reaction score
    Also experiencing this issue. I have another installation that still runs .157 it starts fine. I did notice that the build mode dimension option didn't show up in the config file after updating. Could be a config file issue?

Reaction score
    ya its really annoying, ive never had the problem before but now i want to play the game really bad and its just like NOPE!

Reaction score
    I am also having the same problem. The initial launcher simply shuts off and nothing happens.
    Previous to this patch while starting the game I did receive a critical error warning. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Reaction score
    Installed 64-bit version of java and the game now launches. Probably a compatibility issue with the 32-bit version.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Having same problem, just updated to v0.1582 and when I click the Start Game button nothing happens.

Reaction score
    how do you choose to install 64 bit version, when i download it it just gives me the starter
    You have to go to their manual download page. Threes no direct link on the main page you have to search around a bit to find it. But to save you the time go here. http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

keep in mind this only works if your using a 64-bit OS.
    I'm on windows 7, other operating systems may have a different problem.

Reaction score
    HOW! what did you do. I have been trying to solve this for like a month.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Voldrath posted pretty clear instructions on what to do. What are you getting stuck on?