Game won't launch(Solved)

Reaction score
    So after struggling for 2-3 hours I'm resorting to asking on the forums. When I launch StarMade ,via Steam, I can only get to the 1st screen. After I click on Start Game nothing happens and the screen closes. Not sure if this helps but when I reverted to an older version , .16 I think, the game would be able to start in singleplayer only after closing many Java error screens.

Edit: Solved. If anyone ever encounters a problem similar to mine try changing your install directory to C:\StarMade

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    make sure you have installed the proper java version.
    are you running on windows? are you running 64 bit?
    make sure if so you use the 64bit version of java and if you also need a 32bit version that one schould be the same revision.
    if runing 64 bit ... give the game under Options -> Memory Settings soemting like 2048/1024/512 if you have at least 4GB of RAM

Reaction score
    I'm running windows 7, I have Java 8 Update 31, i have both 64 and 32bit versions. Note I updated today and read that Java 8 has a high security could it be that's blocking StarMade as it doesn't pass the certificate?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Check under all programs-> Java-> Configure Java: Java tab view and check if the java version 8 is selected (i doubt that that is the problem, but better making sure ;) )

What is your hardware configuration? Laptop? CPU? GPU? RAM?
    And are you running some kind of virus protection that may sandbox the java program?
    The security thing is more a browser feature. Java itself is not that big of a risk, its a tool/programming language to run programs, and those may be the risk.

Reaction score
    I'm running on a laptop, CPU is an Intel [email protected], GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, and I have 6 GBs of RAM. And Java is selected(It is the only one I have which is odd seeing as how i tried installing other versions of Java to see if those fixed the problem yet that one was still the only one to appear). I don't believe anything is blocking Java from running.