Game wide ban list

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This will become a list of names/ip's that is advised to be banned from the larger of servers.

the format for each added item should be as follows:

starmade.minesworn.com:4242

VS650: Duplicated the server, and set themselves as the only admins, before trolling anyone they could.

(posting server ip)

(player name): (reason they were banned from the posting server)

With this format, we should be able to understand per server, if they should be banned. Not all servers will ban people for merely trolling, while others will be more strict about that kind of thing.

It is not the place of those post, to say weather a person should be banned, merely that they are banned by the posting server, and for what reason. That info being shared, means that the posting server, feels that others may wish to prevent the same acts from being done again.

Please help us to keep the community safer, by posting those who you have banned. Each post may save another server from the fate you suffered. Dont let your suffering, be in vain.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    VS650: Duplicated the server, and set themselves as the only admins, before trolling anyone they could. Stole another players account, to use for hacking.

xfungusx: Duplicated the server, and set themselves as the only admins, before trolling anyone they could. Stole another players account, to use for hacking.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Usually people are against \"name-and-shame\" lists. It\'s understandable that you\'re unhappy about the way these people have acted, but it\'s still quite innapropriate to do this kind of thing in a public area.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    If you\'re really dead-set on doing this, get in contact with the other server hosts privately. This sort of format doesn\'t serve the commnunity well.

Reaction score
    legolas170 on all servers for every offense possible always

someone could submit something like this, with no authority or proof. Just saying...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    though that was one of my original thoughts, i found it hard to figure out how to do so, due to not knowing each and every server host by name. if you know of a way to limit things to the server owners/admins only, then we could continue this in that way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i had the great idea, to post the remote tool data per the players in addition to the names, but due to that showing the ip, and that ending up being a bad thing in the long run, i have had to limit the information asked for. if you know a way around this, then please provide it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    though it may seem as such in the wrong light, as things stand, wrong doers can merely find another server to do as they wish yet again. with a list as this one can be, those people will not be able to merely get away with doing things as they wish. they will be forced to deal with the things they have done, and be dealt with in the ways they should be. if this list is managed in the right ways, it will make the community a better place.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    What you are describing is a name and shame list.

they will be forced to deal with the things they have done, and be dealt with in the ways they should be.

>Shaming

Sorry, this just isn\'t a good idea for the community at large. While its intentions are pure, the repercussions aren\'t.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    would have been a good idea but do you have a way of proving they did it, cause i would not want to ban a player from my server just because another user disliked them and posted here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i see the largest flaw in this system as it stands, is that just anyone can post on it, and there is no credibility as things stand. i dont know of a way to fix this, while at the same time, a list like this is in great need. any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i understand your worry. as this thread stands, i am not able to limit the posts to server owners/admins. if there were a way to do so, then the next step would be in making it so we know what happened each time. the level of information required for that, would require us to keep all normal players away from the list. as things stand, i dont know how to do this. there may be a site out there, that has such a system in place. this is the best i can do, for now.

Reaction score
    This is the stupidest thing ive ever seen, not only can user change there usernames and accounts freely, but they can also change their ips with ease.

What your trying to create is a shame list, not only are many admins biased many people who were unrightfully banned might appear on this list.