Game fails to start

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm running Ubuntu Linux on an Intel Quad core i5 with 8GB RAM and 64-bit java

When I press "Start Game" or "Start Dedicated Server" in the Launcher, the launcher exits as expected, but the game does not start.

From the log:

[2014-03-17 12:46:07] ERROR: no content in Resource: /home/ian/StarMade/StarMade/file:/home/ian/StarMade/StarMade/StarMade.jar!/org/schema/game/network/commands

StarMade.jar resides at: /home/ian/StarMade/StarMade/StarMade.jar

I tried creating the folder /home/ian/StarMade/StarMade/file:/home/ian/StarMade/StarMade/ and copying StarMade.jar there, but same result.

Reaction score
    I\'m having a similar problem with the new version. I can start the launcher, get to the settings page, and then begin to load the game. The loading percentage at the top left of the screen gets to 100% and then the game quits working. I\'ve also uninstalled/reinstalled Java. I get the same fatal error notification as well as a message saying \"Illegal Exception Error.\" I hope this gets fixed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am still not sure what is wrong, but I installed the OpenJDK java 7 runtimes and it works just fine now. So, that means that there is something wrong with my standard JRE 1.7.0_51 install. I\'m betting it won\'t help you guys, as you are not on Linux. Sorry.