Game crashes after loading

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just recently downloaded the StarMade launcher and then, using it, installed the necessary game files. However it does not play properly. It will load all the way up, give me a black screen in the window, and then a pop-up will tell me that there was a critical error. It reads:

ErrorDialogException:ERROR-DIALOG-EXCEPTION:

data//shader/cube/quads13/cube.vsh,

data//shader/cube/quads13/cube.fsh

Vertex Info

----------

(here there is a lot of error messages and 'internal assembly text's that I cannot copy and paste for an unknown reason)

If anyone knows what is wrong, please tell me. Especially if you know how to fix it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If it\'s connecting to a server/singleplayer then same here. HELP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yah i have the same thing is it a blue screen with white text? and then after like 5 seconds it all dissapears

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    maybe try to turn off shader in the setting also turn off shieldhit too but mines will crash after i spawn :p

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is a common problem due to outdated video card drivers or a video card that doesn\'t support all the features needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I updated my card drivers and everything but the same thing is happening to me.

Reaction score
    this happened to me a few times. you save all your work to the catalog, put it on starmade.org then delete the file of your game, re-download it, update it on the launcher for the game to install, then download all your ships onto the game then play it. i did that and it worked for me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I turned off the shield hit effects after updating my drivers like Schema told me to. I\'m going to tell Schema to tell people to do this when they get this error now.