Bug Game crash trying to enter core

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Last night, I updated to version 0.199.402 from 0.199.357 and any time I tried to enter any ship core, the game would vanish without any visible error message. Also, the sound worked. (My sound in Starmade hasn't worked since I disastrously updated from Ubuntu 14.04.2 to 16.04 and then had to rollback 14.04.5, but that is a whole other sad story)

I started a new galaxy, I cleared the Client cache, I tried all the solutions I found in the support forum. Same problem. I figured it was a problem with the update on Linux, so I saved the log, and forced a downgrade back to 0.199.357. Same problem, but the sound still worked.

Now, I'm curious, 0.199.357 was working for me last week (without sound). I saved the backup of my galaxy, and my ship catalog. I then deleted the whole Starmade folder, and downloaded 0.199.357 fresh. Same problem (with sound).

I do regular backups, so I restored a copy of the folder from a week ago, and it went back to working, but still without sound. I had thought that the sound issue was the result of unmet dependencies left as a result of the afore mentioned 16.04 debacle as another game's (Space Pirates and Zombies) sound stopped at the same time. I thought the two sound issues were related, but now I am not so sure.

I'm going to try and experiment tomorrow, and see if there is a version that works from a fresh install for me. That way we can maybe narrow down where the issue first starts, because I think it may be with 0.199.357 and not 0.199.402, but that is just a guess.

Any insight is appreciated.

I run Ubuntu 14.04.5 (64bit) on an Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz × 4 and an AMD 7870 with Open Source drivers.
    AMD says the card is too old, and they will never do another update. Time to buy a new (not AMD) card with all my spare money I guess.

Edit:
    For some reason the original post would not let me upload the logs...

Edit 2:
    A fresh install of 0.199.357 crashes when I try to enter a core.
    A fresh install of 0.199.402 crashes when I try to enter a core.
    A fresh install of 0.199.429 crashes when I try to enter a core.

Attachments

Last edited: