Bug Game Crash on opening ENTITY STRUCTURE tab.

Reaction score
    The game will crash the moment entity structure is opened. The crash report dialog shows up and is unresponsive.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Could you please post a log file when that happens? Basically boot up your game, open your entity structure menu and cause a crash.
    After that, go to your starmade/logs folder and sort on last modified/created.

The one we're looking for should be called log.txt.0

Reaction score
    The entity structure crash only occurs on a server, on single player the game freezes for 30 seconds before flashing the entity structure menu then closing it. After that accessing the entity structure tab is instant. Having given this some thought it could also be caused by the fact that the ship I am trying to access the entity structure tab for has 9 million blocks. Can anyone confirm that it has something to do with the large block count?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've had this happen and I think it might be due to the number of groups in the entity menu rather than the size of the entity.

I've noticed slowdowns and eventual client crashes as the number of groups gets too large, changing block building method for things like shield capacitors, shield rechargers, and thrusters from a bajillion scattered "fill in the holes" groups to connected eliminated the issue.