Planned Galaxy Map Improvement

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So heres the idea:

Ping System:
    When someone enters faction space, that faction has a warning that shows up on the right. Make it so
    it also show a ping when opening the galaxy map so it's easier to locate visually.

Fleet Order Integration:
    With fleets being worked on, it would be handy if you could order them around using the galaxy map right?
    When entering the galaxy map it would show all the fleets on the right or left (which ever) and i could click one
    of the icons and tell them to do some order on the sector i am centered around.

Radar System:
    This one is more for visual information. It uses radar (or scanners) to define a sphere of awareness.
    If any ship enters that sphere, it shows up on the Galaxy Map, and based on the relation and mass,
    it shows as green if friendly, red if enemy, blue if neutral, white if overheating and it shows as a bigger
    dot the more mass it has.
    Also each fleet should only have one sphere of awareness.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Like the ideas but don't understand the ping system, could you elaborate, please?

Also, for the fleet orders you should be able to select a sector and have a button "send fleet to selected sector". Love the awareness system it would really give a more dynamic feeling to the map.

Please tag or quote me for a faster reaction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Like the ideas but don't understand the ping system, could you elaborate, please?

Also, for the fleet orders you should be able to select a sector and have a button "send fleet to selected sector". Love the awareness system it would really give a more dynamic feeling to the map.

Please tag or quote me for a faster reaction.
    If I get a notification that tells me someone has entered my faction's territory, and im not using the galaxy map while it happens, it queues a ping
    to an event list(or whatever) saying where it happened. Then when i open the galaxy map it displays an effect at each location in the event list, so i can easily evaluate the situation (could be a blinking sphere i guess).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Another idea is allow faction members to ping each other with locations. So "we're going pirate hunting, meet up here." or something.

Reaction score
    Very nice idea. I think that this could be easily integrated with the use of scanners on stations and scanning vessels in ships....in that you don't get a warning that something's entered your space unless a vessel of yours (Or station) spots it on scanners.

Scanning as per the Cloak, Scan, and Jam System Revamp thread, because I'm too lazy to link it and very much a fan of all the ideas I kicked around on that thread.
    Also, that thread's on the FSM, so, there.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Most of this will make it into the game one way or another as fleets, factions, the universe and NPC's are worked on. The map will likely come in the later stages of this development. Controlling space will give you insight as to how everything is operating within your space, based on infrastructure you setup (hopefully).