Galaxy map crash

Reaction score
    So I decided to get back into the game after a while of not playing it, I get in and push m to see what's around me and my game freezes I think "My PC is slow so I will give it a bit" I come back after ten minutes and still frozen. So I close it relaunch it thinking it was just a 1-time thing, but every time I try to open the galaxy map it freezes so if anyone has some info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

PC specs:
    Ram: 4gb (3.44 GB usable)
    Processor AMD with Radeon 2.70 GHz
    Graphics: AMD Radeon 2GB available memory (512MB Dedicated video memory)

D

Deleted member 433088

Just a shot in the dark here, but check if "Draw other galaxies in map" is enabled in your Options -> Graphics, and disable it if it is.

Reaction score
    Just a shot in the dark here, but check if "Draw other galaxies in map" is enabled in your Options -> Graphics, and disable it if it is.
    Or just wait until the other galaxies are rendered. May take a while, depending on your machine, although ten minutes seems excessive...

Reaction score
    • Tester
    in general .. to make an educated guess a logfile is needed ( in (starmadefolder)/logs a log.txt.0 file remove the .0 part and drag an drop it in here ) , what OS are you using? Old or new Launcher? what exact Hardware you are running the game on ?