Galaxy Burning

Reaction score
    For a short time, there will be no Galaxy Burning, until this thread gets passed to get the word count limit removed.

Schema said it would be possible to get some exceptions to the word count. And considering that Galaxy Burning is already at 250,000 characters, 2.5x the maximum, that is a must.

Once I get it passed, however, I promise I'll return to writing it.

Reaction score
    why not just split it up over multiple posts like I did with the repose of faction balls?

(if you need me to remove this post I will)

Reactions: z1967

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Just put it up externally, stuffing the entire thing into one post that you keep having to scroll through is terribly annoying anyway, put it in a Gdoc or something and just link to that, there are about a million ways to circumvent character limit.

This is a forum, not an interactive community literary database...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can you not put it into the wiki instead?
    With the forum it is easy to clutter alerts :)

BTW: I liked your previous Avatar more MrNature72. The one from December or January. It was closer to look like nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just put it up externally, stuffing the entire thing into one post that you keep having to scroll through is terribly annoying anyway, put it in a Gdoc or something and just link to that, there are about a million ways to circumvent character limit.

This is a forum, not an interactive community literary database...
    Thing is anyone can edit that. so no good.

Reaction score
    I talked to Schema earlier. He said it would be possible to mark certain threads to give them permission to bypass the word limit.

I'll make sure to bring that up to him again and ask him if it can be cleared for my stories so I can get back to writing.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    I'm guessing you don't actually use Google Drive? You can set permissions on any document and choose who can edit or view it.

Anyway Nature, why do you even want to have the entire story in this thread?
    It'll make scrolling to the comments a pain. Much cleaner to host it externally.

Forums have character limits for a reason...

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    To annoy writers is Nature's thoughts :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just link the chapters directly in the first post. It would actually be better than mashing all of them in one post. Example:

CHAPTER #1:Some stuff
    CHAPTER #2: MOAR

I think you get the point.

Reaction score
    I like the way Tn is doing his story.

:u

HAVE MY TWO CENTS.

I hope you enjoy them.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I talked to Schema earlier. He said it would be possible to mark certain threads to give them permission to bypass the word limit.

I'll make sure to bring that up to him again and ask him if it can be cleared for my stories so I can get back to writing.
    The word count is final and will only be changed if we see fit, at the moment we do not. This is a forum, and our purpose is not to host an entire book or story, but to provide the community with a place for discussion. You can easily link your story to an external source in a post, and in some circumstances threads may use reserved posts.

Reaction score
    The word count is final and will only be changed if we see fit, at the moment we do not. This is a forum, and our purpose is not to host an entire book or story, but to provide the community with a place for discussion. You can easily link your story to an external source in a post, and in some circumstances threads may use reserved posts.
    Well this is a bit of a pickle. This site was the primary location I actually hosted the story.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well the Boss has shot your request down. Now what?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    G-Docs, Dropbox, Pastebin..... the possibilities go on and on. Now stop being lazy and start writing ;)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    G-Docs, Dropbox, Pastebin..... the possibilities go on and on. Now stop being lazy and start writing ;)
    That or making one post per chapter here and linking them in the first post, as I suggested.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    You could always include part of the story which fits in a post as a hook, prior to the link to wherever you decide to host the full thing.

Reaction score
    Lol sorry to be "that guy" but...

I came here to read and instead got one massive heap of a waste of a thread. Bring on the burning galaxy!

Reactions: Agame3