Galactic System "Leakage"

Reaction score
    In my little desert-island galaxy, I currently call home a system with a binary star and far too many pirate stations -- but the excessive number of pirate stations is a separate matter. The issue here is that there is an adjacent system which "leaks" into/ overlaps mine. The "orbitals" of that system extend into my system. This causes border integrity problems.

When I enter a sector that is technically in my system but borders the bigger one, the galaxy behaves as though I have crossed over into that bigger system when, in fact, I have not. Stations that appear on my system map on the border of that offending system become "phantom" stations -- no way to reach them (and thus, no way to eliminate them if they are technically pirate-stations.) Also you get thrown into that neighboring system map, effectively making my home system smaller by 1 layer of sectors. It's all very odd and frustrating.

So. The galaxy-system generator/configurationigatorifier needs and attitude adjustment. I suggest that the orbitals of a system's star not get nearer then (say) 3 sectors of the system border, and do not allow stations to be placed in border sectors.

I realize this is not a "major" issue game-wise; however, the devil is in the details, and there are quite a few little devils that need extricating.

[It makes me wonder about multi-player servers and their "system-faction ownership" and "territory" -- could become a real problem for rival factions if they were to have abutting systems (if that ever happens...)]

~ee

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    You guys ever wonder why you see no larimar. Will leave that thought on the table.

Reaction score
    I know how to get blue asteroids... I am just going to leave this thought to everyone that comes across.... Look for blue asteroids on your navigation panel when you are in one of the 8 corners of a system... you are going to find one within 10 min... I did.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428532341,1428532149][/DOUBLEPOST]
    In my little desert-island galaxy, I currently call home a system with a binary star and far too many pirate stations -- but the excessive number of pirate stations is a separate matter. The issue here is that there is an adjacent system which "leaks" into/ overlaps mine. The "orbitals" of that system extend into my system. This causes border integrity problems.

When I enter a sector that is technically in my system but borders the bigger one, the galaxy behaves as though I have crossed over into that bigger system when, in fact, I have not. Stations that appear on my system map on the border of that offending system become "phantom" stations -- no way to reach them (and thus, no way to eliminate them if they are technically pirate-stations.) Also you get thrown into that neighboring system map, effectively making my home system smaller by 1 layer of sectors. It's all very odd and frustrating.

So. The galaxy-system generator/configurationigatorifier needs and attitude adjustment. I suggest that the orbitals of a system's star not get nearer then (say) 3 sectors of the system border, and do not allow stations to be placed in border sectors.

I realize this is not a "major" issue game-wise; however, the devil is in the details, and there are quite a few little devils that need extricating.

[It makes me wonder about multi-player servers and their "system-faction ownership" and "territory" -- could become a real problem for rival factions if they were to have abutting systems (if that ever happens...)]

~ee
    And yes, I think this is quite an annoying problem... makes system ownership for boosted mining when looking for blue asteroids frustrating.