future plans

Reaction score
    Is there a place to see the Devs future plans for the game. Would like to see what they plan on adding to the game but havent found it yet.

Reaction score
    News and messages on the forums are all we have at the moment (as far as I'm aware). It would be nice to see a to-do list but I can think of a few reasons why they would not have one

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    A general list of "planned" things-
    • New GUI
    • Improved Docking, Rails
    • Randomly generated creatures on planets
    • AI fleet control
    • Missions/Quests
    • Ship HP system
    • Minelayer weapon system
    • Hyperdrive and other Capital Ship Systems
    • Improved AI factions
    • A bunch of other stuff that I've forgotten at the moment

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    A general list of "planned" things-
    • New GUI
    • Improved Docking, Rails
    • Randomly generated creatures on planets
    • AI fleet control
    • Missions/Quests
    • Ship HP system
    • Minelayer weapon system
    • Hyperdrive and other Capital Ship Systems
    • Improved AI factions
    • A bunch of other stuff that I've forgotten at the moment
    Pardon me for my lack of knowledge, but what would an additional 'Hyperdrive' system do (that isn't Overdrive of Jump)?

D

Deleted member 433088

Pardon me for my lack of knowledge, but what would an additional 'Hyperdrive' system do (that isn't Overdrive of Jump)?
    It's kinda different... let me quote the original dev post about it.

Hyper-Drives (Capital Ship Systems)

This subsystem, when placed on your ship, will activate a "capital ship" flag in your ships meta data, imparting a permanent debuff to your ship (currently we plan to have it set your ships thrust to 0 and reduce the ships max speed to 0%, based on server max speed.)

However, in exchange for this debuff, your newly minted Capital Ship will have the ability to charge up and activate its new hyperdrive, dropping the ship into a sort of hyperspace. You will have a few seconds to orient your ship, and then the acceleration will kick in, you cant slow down, and you cant stop without dropping from hyperspace (and loosing all of your charge) you can still steer however. You will have a set amount of time to navigate while in hyperspace, after which you will drop out. Charging takes a good deal of power and time (based on ship mass), so this is not something most smaller ships will want to do on their own, instead they are advised to hitch a ride with a carrier, or to use a Gate network.