future plans/quick first impression

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello,
    after someone made a post about this game on the blockade runner forums, I decided to take a quick look.

I found that, as the other post on the forum mentioned, the screen not being resizable a bit of a nuisance. I'm sure this will be part of a future update though, so no hard feelings.

Also i think the render distance can be increased a bit, I was running on ~500 fps according to the ingame FPS counter.

( computer stats:

• AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

• 8192 MB RAM

• NVIDIA Geforce GT 430 1GB

• Asrock 890 GM PRO X3 for what it's worth
    )

Also, I'd like the option to change the greenish style of the game to other colors, mainly blue. I've been modding some of the png files to fulfill my needs in that area. If you want the progress so far, just say so.

I do have to compliment you on having the physics down quite well in this stage of development.

Now for the main question: What are your future plans in this project?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    the resolution is already (along with some other graphics option) available when you start the game with the clientmenu bat (or with the -client parameter)
    II would love to see, what your modded version looks like!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I just found the Starmade-startmenu-windows file,

I've archived the Image-resource map in a rar file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38643081/image-resource.rar

i just altered the hue of the native green windows to a value of 120 in paint.NET

Reaction score
    I just bought the game even though it is free for right now. I really think this game has huge potential.

I know you are busy schema but I really would love to see the following things in starmade

1. AI creatures on the planets

2. more caverns on rocky planets

3. Alien civs on the planets, at different stages of development(tribe like, modern, space age)

4. a crew(which i heard you were working on).

6. A bug that really bothers me. When I head towards a planet, it shifts or the planet is no longere there. It is 7. super annoying.

7. I really wish the pirates were scaled a bit. It is too hard for a new player.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Everything you mentioned has pretty much already been planned for a release sometime soon, except for the caverns. There are alien races, though I don\'t know how advanced they will be in terms of technology. However, you can find planets that have cities on them if you look hard enough.