Fusion Reactor - For powering large Capital/Battle/Titan Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    While playing StarMade, I built a huge Capital ship and have ~200+ power units but my ships energy drains in a few seconds from just using the engines. I was thinking to solve this there could be some huge fusion reactor that creates a huge amount of energy. I can't think of any draw backs other than maybe it gets to hot and will meltdown if you land on a planet and if it gets shot once it instantly explodes. I just need something to solve my energy crysis D:

Reaction score
    To get the most out of your power units, just arrange them in a 1x1 stick in each direction. The group\'s power recharge rate comes from its X, Y, and Z values multiplied together, so a hollow cube (or a similarly \"empty\" group shape) will get you better results than a filled in cube.

Reaction score
    http://wiki.starmade.rtag.me/wiki/index.php?title=Power_Management

Reaction score
    game definitely needs different tiers of engines/weapons etc like adding mkX behind em

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Idea of a new engine is good, but would be best for later development, and instead of new power Generations. Why not just make them upgradable throught the Factories, make it were it will take longer to get better Power Gens, Shield Gens, Weapons, Even Thruster. Possibly even a Adv Ship Core, that allow for the core to be moved, like so many poeple have wanted because they build with the Core as the Center of there structure and not think of a place beforehand were it could be safest, or best compact placement.

Adding other things into the game that do the same job as the current, but better and are harder to get then through Catalog, or a Shop would be amazing!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You need enough storage too. if you generate 300000 energy per second but have only 20000 storage, moment at wich you use power (thrusting, shooting etc) the power amount is temporarily empty. Technically, this shouldnt be a problem if your generation lies above your consumption, BUT there is always desynch. To avoid that problem simply use power storage. If you can run max. consumption then for a few seconds without the energy being either full or zero, you should have a sufficient buffer to operate at full capacity.

Reaction score
    I\'m personally against any \"higher tier\" ship modules. Blocks should be differentiated by purpose not by power, it keeps the modules useful no matter how many resources you gather. Want more damage? put down more blocks. Want more power? Put down more blocks/be creative with them.