Fully Customizable Bobby A.I = Repair Drones, Mine A.I?

Reaction score
    To be more especific yes... There might be some posts about this
    Soooo here we go...

Since the game has only the bobby AI and indeed its a good adition, but why not to recall that ai controlled ship, add some mode sequences? or to make other ai types "cargo A.I., mining A.I? how about even make your own default A.I. script both ingame and via scripting

Logbook/Script : Text files which are pretended to be bought or inserted in a catalog like function. To make less abusable it should also have a price per command, abilities "Descripted below", Smarter "Improve accuracy, energy wise, combat wise, shield wise". And for bigger ships launch capabilities, turret sustain?, Block quantity cost, "Crew". Oh and maybe for those who are alone in single player why not some computer control for them? "Weapons computers ex: broadside cannons

Script should be placed after the ship is done, if not it should be added later and the script's bill should be given. Ex: A simple AMC ship script should be cheaper than a ship armed to the teeth "lots of computers", if the a.i.'s script doesnt contain such knowledge of firing then well... It shouldn't fire...

Or else a count of mass should be taken for so.

Default A.I.

Seeker A.I. : Recommended to be Inserted into structures with Disintegrators as it rushes and collides enemies"No ship core needed?" "Ambush mode : wait until an entity or enemy reaches its target range and then it moves towards such thing, usefull for mines"

Doctor A.I. : Searches for damaged hulls in the ship "Uses support beams" "could be also a turret?"

Assasin A.I. : Uses stealth modules + dodges well

Guardian A.I. : Sticks close to a ship or target reacts towards agressive situations

Merchant A.I. : Sells things in the closest shop and buys of course...

Modes/Actions/Abilities :

Move to, Defend, Patrol Radius, Hold, Dock to, Follow, Carry, Scavenge/Loot , Salvage/Mine, PLUNDERRRRR! : The A.I. goes into a salvage madness , if its faction module is destroyed/disabled it goes bersek "Rogue A.I.?" , Destroy >:3 "Targets planets and stations", Distract "Flies around enemies, useful for fodding".

Well thats all what I would like to see in the A.I. options, I don't know if this was intended but just some ideas...

BTW for those who didn't know theres some good options for A.I. in the Structure tab -> docking, makes that tedious turret activating happen in just a click! Also undock your horde of fighters in a click also...

Credit to : Titansmasher for the LogBook/Script idea

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Soooo here we go...

Since the game has only the bobby AI and indeed its a good adition, but why not to recall that ai controlled ship, mode sequences? or to make other ai types? how about even make your own default A.I. script both ingame and outter game

Logbook/Script : Text files which are pretended to be bought or inserted in a catalog like function. To make less abusable it should also have a price per action, abilities "Descripted below", Atuning "Improve accuracy, energy wise, combat wise, shield wise". And for bigger ships launch capabilities, turret sustain?, Block quantity cost, "Crew". Oh and maybe for those who are alone in single player why not some computer control for them?

Script should be placed after the ship is done, if not it should be added later and the script's bill should be given. Ex: A simple AMC ship script should be cheaper than a ship armed to the teeth, if the a.i.'s script doesnt contain such knowledge of firing then well... It shouldn't fire...

Default A.I.

Seeker A.I. : Inserted into structures with Disintegrators "No ship core needed?" "Ambush mode, usefull for mines"

Doctor A.I. : Searches for damaged hulls in the ship "Uses support beams" "could be also a turret?"

Guardian A.I. : Sticks close to a ship or target reacts towards agressive situations

Move to, Defend, Patrol Radius, Hold, Dock to, Follow, Carry, Scavenge/Loot , Salvage/Mine, PLUNDERRRRR! "Rogue A.I.?" , Destroy >:3, Distract.

Well thats all what I would like to see in the A.I. options, I don't know if this was intended but just some ideas...

BTW for those who didn't know theres some good options for A.I. in the Structure tab -> docking, makes that tedious turret activating happen in just a click! Also undock your horde of fighters in a click also...

Some of theses AI features have already been suggested. But your overall idea seems really good.

I've been really interested in your "No ship core needed?" idea. You could drop any block (the ones in your slot bar) in space by pressing X. If it's a ship core, the game will ask you the name of the ship as we're used to. If it's (for example) a grey hull it will put the block in space in front of you like if it was an asteroid and you would be able to put more blocks on it, expanding the mass and size of the object. and if there is a Seeker A.I on it aswell it can be triggered to work as a torpedo (having as much thrust as you put on them etc). This way we could build objects we may want to carry/stock/shoot with and they don't need to be "ships" themself

Reactions: Lecic and Travis9x
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    so a ship needs a computer to function the thrusters, weapons and the other systems of the ship

Reaction score
    so a ship needs a computer to function the thrusters, weapons and the other systems of the ship
    Uh... Why my idea of the Bobby A.I is hard to understand I guess I didn't explain well... Nope didn't mean that, what I meant that the more weapon blocks/computers/mass or even better thought... the A.I. script for the ship would of cost 1%-10% of the catalog price of the ship + additional functions

Seeker A.I. I also tried to mean that it will work as a missile, but it should be a core but only usable with a special computer or an A.I itself and for the ship/torpedo supplying I have a good suggestion... though I think it might be a little hard to put in

Last edited:
    Reactions: Krazykat
    Reaction score
    I think you have a good idea here, but needs a lot of polishing. Behavior types for the bobby AI are something I'd like to see, definitely.

Reaction score
    I think you have a good idea here, but needs a lot of polishing. Behavior types for the bobby AI are something I'd like to see, definitely.
    Polished it a bit... ugh Im socially awkward so I can't explain very well... Polished it a bit more, slightly more understandable

Reaction score
    Costs for automation... well, they allow for more in depth economy, but that might be exploitable. Different AI behavior is a marvelous idea, I did get that part. The polishing comes to shape each type of AI that you think should be available in the game, to make AI controlled ships more usable in fleet combat. :)

Give a bit more detail to each role. And being able to tell my AI's what to do a la "Age of Empires" style with some twists is also interesting.

Reaction score
    Costs for automation... well, they allow for more in depth economy, but that might be exploitable. Different AI behavior is a marvelous idea, I did get that part. The polishing comes to shape each type of AI that you think should be available in the game, to make AI controlled ships more usable in fleet combat. :)

Give a bit more detail to each role. And being able to tell my AI's what to do a la "Age of Empires" style with some twists is also interesting.
    Oh thought on polish of making more understandable the topic hehe xD oh me... Well I hope I can come up with more suggestions

Reaction score
    Soooo here we go...

Since the game has only the bobby AI and indeed its a good adition, but why not to recall that ai controlled ship, add some mode sequences? or to make other ai types "cargo A.I., mining A.I? how about even make your own default A.I. script both ingame and via scripting

Logbook/Script : Text files which are pretended to be bought or inserted in a catalog like function. To make less abusable it should also have a price per command, abilities "Descripted below", Smarter "Improve accuracy, energy wise, combat wise, shield wise". And for bigger ships launch capabilities, turret sustain?, Block quantity cost, "Crew". Oh and maybe for those who are alone in single player why not some computer control for them? "Weapons computers ex: broadside cannons

Script should be placed after the ship is done, if not it should be added later and the script's bill should be given. Ex: A simple AMC ship script should be cheaper than a ship armed to the teeth "lots of computers", if the a.i.'s script doesnt contain such knowledge of firing then well... It shouldn't fire...

Or else a count of mass should be taken for so.

Default A.I.

Seeker A.I. : Recommended to be Inserted into structures with Disintegrators as it rushes and collides enemies"No ship core needed?" "Ambush mode : wait until an entity or enemy reaches its target range and then it moves towards such thing, usefull for mines"

Move to, Defend, Patrol Radius, Hold, Dock to, Follow, Carry, Scavenge/Loot , Salvage/Mine, PLUNDERRRRR! : The A.I. goes into a salvage madness , if its faction module is destroyed/disabled it goes bersek "Rogue A.I.?" , Destroy >:3 "Targets planets and stations", Distract "Flies around enemies, useful for fodding".

It is planned using Lua as a script language. We just have to wait for the NPC update (thematically second or third in the update row).
    First, I just gotta say that I really really like the idea of the different AI behaviors. I know most of that is already planned with the NPC update, but I just want to "second" the idea.
    However, I also have another AI idea to add in. How about "carrier" AI? To explain, I mean AI that is capable of automatically launching other AI-controlled ships.
    This could allow for two very useful universe simulation functions. First, it would allow for pirate carrier-ships (as a "boss"-style enemy, or just really hard pirates). Second, it could be used to create Miner Guild active mining fleets (large "mothership" launches smaller mining vessels to harvest asteroids and other resources, to create a realistic and believable universe…can also add true economic value to the Mining Guild, if/when they sell harvested resources to the shops).
    For the players, it can allow for "swarmer"-like behavior, or a ship design styled after "building block" ships. For example, you have a small "core" ship, which mostly just has mobility and docking modules, with a minor weapon system. That ship has so many identically-designed "block" ships docked to it, with AI control, which have additional "blocks" docked to them, also with AI control, and etc. etc. etc. When the "core" ship launches the ships docked to it, the AI on those ships also undocks/launches all AI-controled ships docked to them, which in turn undock the AI-controlled ships docked to them, and so on.
    Think of a hive of angry bees, that just got poked with a stick… ;)

(credit for the "hive" ship goes to my brother…I came up with the AI behavior needed to make the design work)

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the idea but for one thing. Instead of AI programming, I'd like to see all this implemented as "crew training"

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    I honestly think that there should be an NPC who can enter the ship core and then exit and that if that happens the AI should get add on's to create new AI's to repair and salvage and return to base