full scrap

Reaction score
    the option to instantly scrap an entire ship with one button. So we can stop waisting time on scrapping dreadnoughts, carriers and battleships

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No. if we could then wrecking other people's ships would be so much easier. Though I would agree if it was admin only.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    If one would want to wreck other's ships, one could just kill it's core. How about this: Only the one, who spawned the core and players with permission can use that function. players with permission are:
    If the ship is factioned, faction members of a rank, that has permission to use this function.
    If a ship is not factioned, nobody.

Reaction score
    So what would be the point of salvage beams anymore? You could kill the core, fly at the ship and insta scrap the whole thing.

The only way this would be fair is when only and only:
    - the builder of the ship can do it that spawned the core and;
    - the blocks/resources of the scrapped ship would be deleted, not recovered

I think an option on the faction module like 'scrapping ship' (or something a bit more creative) that would make it possible for (large) salvagers to scrap the ship without killing the core first, would be a better option.

If one would want to wreck other's ships, one could just kill it's core. How about this: Only the one, who spawned the core and players with permission can use that function. players with permission are:
    If the ship is factioned, faction members of a rank, that has permission to use this function.
    If a ship is not factioned, nobody.
    I find the permission thing a bit to open to abuse tbh. Not that ppl can't grief ships without this option but it would at least take a lot more time.

Reaction score
    How about the block is recoverd by chance?
    Can't say i dislike this, but then best would be a multi chance system. First of do you recover blocks "yes" or "no", secondly how much do you recover. And then that still leaves the question how many of each type of used block on the ship.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Two ideas:
    1. Allow to sell the ship in the vicinity of a Trading Guild shop (complements the buy-from-catalog function). Materials go into the shop inventory for purchase.
    2. Allow to salvage in the same conditions, or maybe relate it to the shipyards I've heard mentioned around here. Maybe salvaging could be allowed instead of sale at a personal or faction shop.

Reaction score
    now i wonder if one could build a sefdestruct system....maybe with logic blocks and missile blocks all over the ship .... have to try this XD

anyway .... maybe somekind of implemented selfdestruct system build into the core .. push the red button and ship will fall apart with big explosions n stuff ... dissasemmbling itself into random drifting block clusters or just floating itemclouds .. or what ever

Reaction score
    or perhaps the option to make a full-scrap possible by activating it while placing a core

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's in the game.

1- Select the ship

2- /destroy_entity_dock

And it's gone.

Ok, only admins can do it and you don't get the blocks back. but if you're building stuff with spawned in blocks in singleplayer, or if you're an admin and need to clear a mess, it's effective.

And it works on anything, not only ships. So if you want to build a station but a shop/planet/station/bunch of asteroids/whatever is in the way, you can just clear it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd like to see scrapyards as a thing that can be put on stations, like warp gates could be. Scrapyards would quickly disassemble blocks put in them while online, regardless of whether or not it was overheating, and put the blocks in linked plex storages. Enemies would resist, and it would likely be difficult to put one in a scrapper due to it being stationary and such, and exposed to enemy fire.