FSU ship Catigorization

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    due to the lack of what i want to class ships i havce decided to create a guide for myself and others hopefully as to a decent "not too big" way of classing ships and the role they play in the game,

FSU Classifications

we class ships based on the role its meant to perform

Fighters - small agile ships meant to dogfight with other small ships. i try to keep these under 100 mass

interceptor - Light and fast meant to have bigger guns than a fighter, meant to blow up fighters preventing them from harassing fighters 75 mass max

Bomber - a slightly bigger ship than a fighter, lighter guns but has missiles, meant to be a threat to ships bigger than itself once shields go down. 150 mass max

Corvette - A anti fighter/intercepter/bomber. used to form a "picket line" to protect larger ships from other corvettes, bombers and fighters. 300 mass max

Light Frigate - Light ship meant to form the bulk of a fleet, moderatly armed, its the first ship capable of dealing decent shield damage to larger ships, usualy anywhere from 50 to 150 meters in lengththey have to potential to have pretty nice sized guns to bear 500 mass max

Frigate - Same as above but slightly bigger and better armed, usualy with missiles for added punch. 750 mass max

Heavy Frigate - A much stronger version of a frigate, meant to take much more abuse and dish it back out. 900 mass max

Destroyer - A Fast agile ship that though lightly armoured is meant to dish out massive amounts of punishment inthe form of large guns, usualy the first ship to posess turrets for tracking targets in all directions 1200 mass max

Light Cruiser - a larger ship meant to help deal with capital ships, first ship to possess "anti capital ship" weaponry. these ships have guns that dish out over 1200 dmg per shot with a very high fire rate. Cruiser pilots pride themselves on being fast and agile while still striking hard. 1800 mass max

Cruiser - same as above nbut with more guns, turrets and armor 2200 mass max

Heavy Cruiser - Same as above but with far more armor 2600 mass max

Battle Cruiser - The first "Capital" ship meant to deal with ships of all shapes and sizes, is equipped with several anti fighter and anti ship turrets as well as being heavily shielded, and heavily armoured. these ships usualy have guns that deal 1750 -2500 dmg per shot 5000 mass max

Reaction score
    Here we observe one of nature\'s little miracles: the birth of a wild Ship Classification System in its natural habitat.

The first few days of life are always the most precarious for a SCS. If they cannot quickly learn to generate a steady stream of posts, they will ultimately be out-competed by skin requests and docking complaints, gradually sinking beneath a sea of more pervasive thread species before meeting an early death on the second page. Some will thrive by generating arguments about whether the exactness of an arbitrary mass scale is more usefully than the flexibility of a subjective role-based system, but most, being part of an unremarkable and common species of thread, must struggle to survive off of \"this thread is unnecessary\" posts.

Will this young example of the species survive long enough to inspire other forum users to pen its offspring? Only time will tell. Join us as we embark on an eye-opening journey of Survival of the Fittest and Derivative Posting Patterns, in one of nature\'s cruelest environments; the Starmade General Forums.

*cue Nova theme*

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    *Throws money at the moniter*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    not sure if if making bold statment or trolling :P take my money anyways!

Reaction score
    I should clarify that the \"nature doccumentary\" post wasn\'t meant to make fun of you specifically. I am home sick with a cold and bored, and writing that post gave me some small amount of joy and amusement.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    lol im alot tougher skinned than that, didnt even take it as a personal prod.

i got a good laugh out of it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    300,000 mass or more falls into my leviathan class. havent been able to update it bacause of work. might do that later.

500,000 mass (because i know thats coming) falls into collossus class